I have a question????? for some of you??????

Brenda L.
on 3/25/04 2:21 pm - Carthage, TX
I have been doing really good with dieting drinking protien shakes twice a day and eating one meal trying to lose some before the surgery, and I have lost 27lbs., but now that I have a dte. I am eating things I shouldn't be. Is this a normal response. Do others also do this??? It is like I am saying goodbye.... Thanks, Brenda
Getn Smaller S.
on 3/25/04 9:22 pm - GA
I know you feeling, my date is April 12 and I am now doing the same thing. Its like one last taste, something to remember. I say it is normal. and not to mention ... YUMMY!!! Sheila
Lisa B.
on 3/25/04 9:26 pm - Marquette, MI
Could it be the two cupcakes I ate this morning? Cause you know they might disappear off the face of the earth!! Lisa B
Rachelq
on 3/25/04 9:47 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
first, good for you on your weightloss As far as eating. I have always been carefull with my diet choices (just not with my portions). After I got my date, however...Let's see, does...hot dogs, corn dogs, donuts, lots and lots of chinese food, pudding, teddy grahams, many bbq hamburgers, mcdonalds (bfast and lunch), a full box of thin mint cookies, etc...count? STOP THE MADDNESS!!! i feel like the hungry little catepillar (any toddler mom's out there?) Take care, Rachel
Rae Smiles
on 3/25/04 10:48 pm - Mount Airy, MD
I am so glad to see this addressed....I have never been a choco-holic....boy, did that change since I got my date...I actually bought a candy bar the other day...I bet I haven't done that in 5 years....also, I love fast food, so I am having a tough time. Typically, I limit fast food to about once per week just to maintain health....I am out of control....yesterday, I finally broke the cycle and am back on track....I do not want to gain any(more) weight before I have surgery....I have lost and gained so many times, I want it to end NOW. As I eat anything these days, I ask myself if I will miss it...so far only a few items are on the will miss it list.... 1. chewing gum - love it - I have cut down to about once per week now...by surgery, I want to not have gum for at least a week prior. 2. Diet Pepsi...my drug of choice...LOVE it!! Prefer it over dessert if I had to chose. 3. Spciy Chicken Flautas from Chevys...it is YUMMY!!!! I will miss it, almost as much as the gum and sodas...although it seems like the worst to me even though I only had the dish about once per month.... anyway, Yes, I too am having the last meal mentality. I think hubby and I might be going to Chevy's tonight RAE
Linda W.
on 3/26/04 12:05 am - Jacksonville, FL
Rebecca, We can't have gum after surgery?
Rae Smiles
on 3/26/04 12:06 am - Mount Airy, MD
my doc told me no!! RAE
Larakatya
on 3/26/04 9:10 am - Twin Cities, MN
Depends on your surgeon. Go by whatever s/he says. Best of luck to you on your journey, ~Lara Lap RNY 4/1/04 400/355/Goal of 260
Laurie C.
on 3/25/04 11:20 pm - Atlantic Beach, FL
I, too have lost almost 30 lbs prior to surgery. My doc requires it. I have noticed since my date that I am wanting to be a little bit bad - but I am afraid he cancel my surgery!! Word is he has done that in the past. Eating out is my hubby and my dates. I also find myself wanting to eat things that after surgery I may not have the taste for. So - you are not alone!!
Larakatya
on 3/26/04 9:21 am - Twin Cities, MN
Hi Brenda! Ok, the WLS surgery Cheerleader in me would like to respond thusly: Great job losing 27 lbs before surgery! You are doing your body a WONDERFUL service by working to get your self in prime condition for the recovery. Losing even just a little weight is crutial to ensure that your liver is not fatty, ergo large and in the way, thus making life much easier for your surgeon. Remember that it is VERY likely that you will be able to eat whatever you want again down the road. . .yes, 2 years is a long time, but it will be yours to enjoy again. . .mind you never again in the quantity you enjoy today. Keep yourself on track by thinking of it not as a diet, but as an investment in a easier surgery. Ok, now that that is out of the way, the fellow scaredy-cat WLS patient would like me to say this: ME TOO!!!! OMG, seriously, I have lost 45 lbs, and the closer my date gets, the more likely I am to indulge myself just a wee bit more than the day before. I know its a stupid idea, and I am striving to keep myself in check, but it is significantly harder than it was a week ago. Part of it for me is anxiety. I know it is. And food has always been my friend through those anxious times. Long study sessions, breakups, working late hours, my friend Food was always "there for me." I know that she's going to be leaving me. . .this "good" friend of mine. And we're both sad. She doesn't want to go, and I waiver on how much I want her to leave. (never so much that I don't want to get my sugery, just enough to let the Oreo Milkshake that I have avoided for 3 months, pass my lips.) **Sigh. . . .** Its progress I am striving towards, not perfection. Be kind and generous with yourself. And know that anything you're going through, is quite possibly shared with DOZENS of us. Best of luck to you on your journey, ~Lara Lap RNY 4/1/04 400/355/Goal of 260
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views