excess skin

Angel E.
on 3/24/04 1:29 pm - Calhoun, LA
I was wondering if anyone has any pointers as to how to help tighten your skin as you lose weight. You lose so fast at first. The only thing I can think of would be Vitamin E. But then again I'm just not sure. Thanks...Angel
Annette I.
on 3/24/04 1:41 pm - burbs of sac, CA
eat right ,excercise and the vit E might not hurt....other than that being young and having good skin helps..... other than that we all have a bit of hanging skin Unfortunately.
Kare B.
on 3/24/04 1:56 pm - Baltimore, MD
Hi Angel, First I want to thank you for your well wishes and prayers when I first signed in. It's relly nice how everyone pulls together. Back to excess skin, I was visiting a friend who had just had lyposuction. While I was there she had a visit from a massage therapist who specialized in lymphatic drainage. She said that she usually works on people before and after surgery. She does alot with breast cancer patients before and after breast removal. But she told me that this therapy does wonders for the skin after weight loss surgery becauses the drainage of the lymph nodes helps with the skin tightning up. I hope I got this info correct. I'm seeing her three times right before my surgery and then after the surgery. She said the treatment before helps reduce the amount of blood loss during the surgery. Hope this helps you some. Hugs, Karen
Angel E.
on 3/24/04 2:14 pm - Calhoun, LA
Thanks a lot. I am going to check around here and see if I can find anyone who specializes in this.
Jillybean
on 3/26/04 2:26 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
My doctor says that if I follow his diet exactly, walk at least 2 miles a day, and weight train everyday that at my age (27, because of the elasticity someone in their 20s has) I could have very little or no excess skin. He says its muscle that burns fat, so at any age, if you continue to build muscle while you're losing weight, you can significantly reduce the amount of excess skin.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views