MY DATE WAS APRIL 9TH-- H E L P

Dodie R.
on 3/24/04 5:00 am - North Little Rock, AR
Hi Karen!! Bless your heart.......I know this is a tough decision for you to make. Only you can make this one though!!! Pray about it and then feel what feels right for you. You are not wrong to be angry about this. I have worked for doctors before and most of them have no idea they are going to be taking a vacation at a specific time. They have to fit them into their schedules, ususally there is a medical course going on where they can get their extra credits for the year in them. I know this is not helping you to feel better, but you might ask them to do your surgery before he leaves on his vacation. Sometimes for various reasons people cancel their surgeries, so ask to be put on a cancelation list. I would also tell the doctor personally about your family rescheduling their vacations to be there for you. Stress to them, that your insurance will run out in May and you are counting on this surgery to be paid by the insurance co. I have had to reschedule people's surgeries before, and I know how hard it is on them and their families. I agree with you, you should have been notified long before this close to your surgery. It could be possible that they have a surgery room open even later in the day that would accomodate this surgeon and you!!! Please let me know how you are doing........ God bless you, Dodie
Brenda L.
on 3/25/04 2:11 pm - Carthage, TX
Hi Karen, I feel like this...I hope this helps you.....either way you look at it the same thing is being done to your insides, but recovery may be a bit longer, and you will have a scar. If you have been over weight very long you have so many stretch marks that a scar isn't going to make that much difference, and if your stomach area is really obese then probably you will have to have the extra skin removed. I told my doctor I didn't care which one he did. Do what he felt was best for me. I have a very difficult case, and some doctors do what is known as hand assisted lap surgery there are very few in the united states, but my doctor is one of them. Sit down make a list of the pros and cons....Also depending on your health problems....would it possibly cost you your life, or some major problem to become worse? Also, like my doctor said if he gets in there and the gallbladder is diseased he will probably open me up....so there is always a chance......5 months is a long time to wait........I wish you the best and may god bless you and show you your way. Brenda
Kare B.
on 3/25/04 2:57 pm - Baltimore, MD
Thanks Brenda, I really appreciate your support. The Lord is really struggling with me.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views