Nails...

Rae Smiles
on 3/23/04 9:27 am - Mount Airy, MD
Does anyone know if I can keep on my acrylic nails? They are my "real" nails, just overlayed with acrylic for strength. Last year my surgeon (shoulder) told me I could keep them on...just don't use polish..no problem, I only use clear. I put in a call to the nurse today, but no one got back to me yet. Anyone have an answer? And yes, I understand that they need to see my nailbed if any emergencies arise, but the material is completely clear. help, RAE
Rachelq
on 3/23/04 1:37 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
good question. I was wondering the same. ANYONE? I'll try the California board and get back to you. Rachel
Bernadette A.
on 3/23/04 10:01 pm - Savage, MN
Hey Rebecca, I remember reading in my surgery brochure that acryllic nails can stay on. Good luck with your surgery. 26 days til mine... WOO HOO!!! Bernadette
Rachelq
on 3/23/04 11:24 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Rebecca, The general consesus on the California board (from post ops) is false nails ok...with french manicure. No polish on the toes and findgers. I'm still going to ask my surgeons office though. Take care, Rachel
Rae Smiles
on 3/24/04 8:39 pm - Mount Airy, MD
I spoke with the dr's office....my nails are fine as long as they can squeeze my nail bed to check for color changes....so, no polish, except for clear. I don't think a french would be a good idea either....also, no colored polish on the piggies. RAE
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views