First timer

askaggs1
on 3/23/04 6:07 am - Cunningham, KY
Well I've been on this website alot but never posted before, I would also like to get to know more people on here...I live in Mayfield, KY and Dr. Argotte is doing my surgery on April 20th. YEAY!!! I really am so scared and anxious, and I'm scared I won't be prepared, if any of you have any pointers or secrets please fill me in!! Lots of love and Prayers!! Amanda Skaggs
Karen Z.
on 3/23/04 6:54 am - Gretna, LA
Hi Amanda, I been back and forth from scared to feeling very ready. I was to have surgery on March 16th which got cancelled the morning of surgery. I had many feelings up until then such as being scared, happy, excited, anxious etc., but I was surprised how NOT scared I felt the night before. I am sure upon arriving at the hospital, if surgery hadn't been cancelled, that the scared feelings would have returned, but that didn't mean I wasn't ready to go through with it. I guess my point is it is normal to feel scared just as long as you're ready, if that doen't sound too (he he). I now have 11 days and counting 'till surgery again. I find reading the many posts on the message boards very helpful, informative and comforting. My husband is very supportive but has no idea what I am really going through, which makes the message boards a saving grace for me. Karen Z. Open RxY Sch'd Apr 2 04
Johanna D.
on 3/23/04 7:45 am - Miami, Fl
Hey you! I am on your same boat, I am scared as all get up! I really wouldn't have too many pointers, but reading your post made me feel okay to know others ae going throught the same thinig, so maybe it will help you! I am a fim beleiver that through God all things are possibleand that if we have made it this far is becasue HE is on our side! Just keep you prayers and your eyes on hime and all should go well! Take care and best wishes! My surgery is on April 27, 2004, I can understand you!
Rachelq
on 3/23/04 1:25 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Amanda, Here are some of the things I've run across in my quest for data: Link to Pouch Rules For Dummies: http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/meltinglikeice/pouchrules.html Site for protien powders, drinks, etc. This site also sells samples which I understand is a good thing because our tastes may change after surgery: www.wlssuccess.com Place to track your eating progress: fitday.com These are good places to start. Let me know if you find anything else out. My surgery is 4/27. Prayers for you too, Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views