Date:4/28, question: Fiber with Protein

phil2366
on 3/21/04 6:47 pm - Pearland, TX
Hello everyone. I am having Lap RNY in Houston on 4/28 and I was wondering if anyone knows what we should take from the get go to get us going, so to speak. I'm sure it will be OK till we get on our soft foods and all, but it has been my experience that with protein shakes there comes our old friend constipation. Has anyone been given a heads up on this issue? Thanks, Phil
Bernadette A.
on 3/21/04 11:48 pm - Savage, MN
Hey Terry, I haven't had surgery yet, but in my class at my clinic we learned not to take Metamucil or anything like it because the little pieces can cause havoc. There was a shelf in the room that had empty containers that patients brought in because they had good experiences with them, and I noticed a box of Benefiber. I think that's a good choice because it is a powder that you mix with liquid or sprinkle on food. My surgery is April 19th in Minneapolis, MN. Only 28 days, YAY!! Good luck with your surgery - hope everything goes smoothly for you. Bernadette
Kelley L.
on 3/26/04 3:44 am - Ida Grove, IA
PHILLIP, CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR DATE! I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views