Only 15 more days!!!

Dodie R.
on 3/20/04 5:29 pm - North Little Rock, AR
WOW!! I am excited and apprehensive at the same time!! I know this is life changing in every way. I am so ready to be able to breathe normally again, play with my grandkids without being worn out. I am tired of being tired!!! It seems like I have been sick most of my life, so I really want this opportunity to spend with my grown kids and grandkids. Can anyone tell me which protein drinks are good???? If you will, it will be greatly appreciated!!! Not sure what to take to hospital or anything. Feel like I'm juggling too much, and this will actually be a great time to stop and do something for ME!! I would love to hear from any of you........ God bless you, Dodie
Larakatya
on 3/20/04 8:14 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Larakatya
on 3/20/04 8:14 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Good Morning Dodie! I have only 11 more sleeps, and then THE MAIN EVENT!!! LOL, I am also bursting with excitement, and sometimes. . .anxiety. I also cannot wait to be freed from all this fat! As far as protein drinks, I like the nectar drinks. But, be careful what you buy pre-op as the ladies in my Support Group constantly say "Your tastes will change. . .don't invest too heavily, you don't know what you'll like then." vitalady.com does a great job of sending you an assortment of single servings of protein shakes, so you can have a little tasting party, to know which is what you prefer. Best of luck to you on your journey, ~Lara Lap RNY-distal 4-1-04 400/355/goal of 260
Dodie R.
on 3/21/04 2:38 am - North Little Rock, AR
Thank you soooooooo much Lara!! Congrats on your surgery date kiddo. It is always great to talk with someone that is going through the same feelings. Thank you for the information about the protein drinks. I had no idea that our taste will change!! God bless you, Dodie
Brandi W.
on 3/21/04 10:44 am - Fort Worth, TX
My Lap Band Sister!!! I'm getting excited too. I've been told of several different protein drinks - but I think what it comes down to is that we just have to try them til we find what we like. I've heard that Slim Fast makes a low carb shake. I've also heard that there are protein drinks at GNC that are pretty good. I haven't tried anything yet. I went to the hospital with a friend that had her lap band in February. Are you staying overnight? I would recommend that you bring a set of clothes that are light in the belly area - like elastic or something. Have you started preparing for what you will be eating/drinking after the surgery yet?
Dodie R.
on 3/22/04 7:15 am - North Little Rock, AR
Hi Brandi!! From what I have been told, I will be in the hospital for several nights. Dr. Gibbs does not do the lap band, he prefers Lap RNY or open RNY, depending on the patient. I have not prepared anything yet!!! Sort of afraid to buy much of anything in case I don't like it or can not tolerate it after the surgery. It's almost here, the big day.....yipppppeeeeeeeee!! Keep me posted on how you are doing. Dodie
jennyt
on 3/21/04 12:40 pm - Athens, AL
Other than the grandchildren part your post sounded like you were talking about me! I'm having surgery April 1st and I too am looking forward to a new life. I've been reading Carnie Wilson's book "I'm Still Hungry" and I feel comforted. I'm going to make it, I know I am! And so are you!
Dodie R.
on 3/22/04 7:18 am - North Little Rock, AR
Hello Jenny!! That sounds like a book I need to get for sure. Good luck to you with your surgery. May you have an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery. Dodie
Angela B.
on 3/23/04 6:17 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Hi Dodie: I am having surgery on April 5th too! My doctor has a very limited diet for the first few weeks so I don't have to many decisions to make for a while. You may want to check out bariatriceating.com. She has reviews of many protein drinks and bars that are good for wls patients. I too cannot wait to move more easily. I used to dance and I dream of being able to do it again. As for my hospital bag I am taking: slippers lip balm favorite lotion toothpaste/toothbrush hairbrush scrunchie underwear clothes to go home in I am also taking two of my own pillows because I am very particular about them. I do not like robes so I am not bringing one of those. Good luck and God bless! Angela
Lisa B.
on 3/24/04 11:34 am - Marquette, MI
Only 12 more days now - but who's counting. I havent prepared anything for the hospital either keep saying I'll make a list! Bought cans of soup tonight high in protein and my sister bought my chopper for my B-day. I was told 3 to 4 days in the hospital and that I should get dressed everyday so I guess I'm bringing sweats. I feel like I'll be lost afterwards as far as eating. Can't wait!!! We're all going to come through with flying colors!! Good Luck everyone! Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views