Surgery Cancelled!!! Rescheduled for 3 weeks later!

Karen Z.
on 3/19/04 7:01 am - Gretna, LA
I actually was moved up one day from March 17 to March 16th and then the surgeon cancelled my surgery on the morning of the 16th and after the horrible bowel prep!!!! The surgeon told me had a few emergencies along with the fact that he is going on vacation out of the country 3/19 and didn't want to rush me. I am now scheduled for April 2. I have been very disappointed and hurt. I was very mentally ready and am having a hard time trying to remain in good spirits. Karen
Leslie M.
on 3/19/04 8:01 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 04/05/04 with
I'm so sorry he had to reschedule on you... but at least he will be in good spirits and rested when he performs the surgery .. just being back from vacation. maybe this is a good thing? keep up your confidence and before you know it April 2 will be here...
Patty N.
on 3/19/04 9:00 am - Chambersburg, PA
I know exactly how you feel!!!!! My surgery was rescheduled from April 1st to April 5th because my doctor has to renew his state boards. It's a total bummer!!!! I don't think March will ever end.
Dodie R.
on 3/19/04 9:06 am - North Little Rock, AR
Hi Karen, I am sorry you had to reschedule your surgery. At least your doctor will now be there after your surgery. I know you are frustrated because you do have to be mentally up for this. Please know your surgeon will be refreshed and can focus on you instead of going on vacation. God bless you...... Dodie
Laura F.
on 3/19/04 11:51 am - Ida Grove, IA
KAREN, SORRY TO HEAR YOUR BAD NEWS. BUT, I WILL BE THINKING OF YOU AND HOPING FOR ALL THE BEST AND JUST THINK NOW YOU CAN HAVE YOUR VERY LAST FAVORITE MEAL ALL OVER AGAIN. THAT HAS TO COUNT FOR SOMETHING DOESN'T IT???? LOL LOL ~~~~~~~LOVES TO YOU, HON!
Julie K.
on 3/20/04 12:51 pm - Redding, CA
I CAN RELATE !!! I was scheduled for 3/1, and was on the table when my Dr cancelled me after that terrible bowel prep!!! My emotions have been like a roller coaster!! I am rescheduled for 4/12, but I am having a hard time getting excited about it or anything. I was rescheduled because they founa a bacteria in my blood. So now I just retested but I don't know the results yet. Maybe thats why I can't get excited yet. You build up to it and then BAM they let you down. Pretty emotional!! Hang in there! If its right, we'll both get there! Julie Redding, CA
Larakatya
on 3/20/04 8:23 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Hello Karen, No doubt about it girlfriend, that SUCKS! I am saying a little prayer for you and all who's surgeries were rescheduled that they happen exactly when they are supposed to, with the best possible conditions of the Dr, of your health, of the Hospital, and the Staff. Keep faith, that this is MEANT to happen, and it will - SOON! Best of luck to you and us all on our journeys, ~Lara Lap RNY-distal 4-1-04 400/355/goal of 260
donnasmiley75
on 3/21/04 10:54 am - glendale, AZ
i am with you i was soposto have my surgery on march 23 but i had to reset it for apri28th because my dr is having hip surgery trust me it sucks but if we waited this long we can wait a little longer
Donna H.
on 3/22/04 11:20 am - Cleveland, OH
So sorry to hear that you've been rescheduled. That's a real bummer!!! People just have no idea what we go through to get this weight off. I'll be praying that your spirits lift. Don't know about the pre-surg bowel prep yet, but maybe you can have a little more fun while you're waiting!
Karen Z.
on 3/23/04 6:19 am - Gretna, LA
Thanks all!!! I just read the followup messages. I've been feeling so isolated and that no one understands what I am going through. I just realize how much support I have and that YALL understand! I am feeling mentally better and will be working to try and pull some weight off before surgery, even though just 11 days away now. Thanks AGAIN!! Karen Open RxY Sch'd Apr 2 04
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views