So, what is your biggest concern, now that surgery is so close?

Larakatya
on 3/18/04 1:30 am - Twin Cities, MN
Hi there April family! Now that we are so close, what are you fixating on? And what are you doing with your nervous energy? I am fixated on re-reading all my favorite websites, and profiles, and staring at Before/After pictures With my nervous energy I am organizing a binder for my SigOther to have while I am in surgery, with info on process, dictionary on surgery terms, and explanations of compilcations, and phone numbers of my friends and family so she can understand everything that is going on while she is waiting for me to come out of the operation. What are you doing? ~Lara
BROOK C.
on 3/18/04 4:02 am - PONCHATOULA, LA
wow-you are way ahead of me. unfortunately, i don't have time to do half of the things that you are doing. i just found out yesterday that my surgery date would be on the 7th. So far, the only thing that I have been doing is praying and trying to focus on the positive things. I am starting to prepare everyone and take care of all those things that i won't want to deal with after surgery. i want to be able to do as least as possible. Congratulations on your surgery, you will be in my prayers. Brook Carcamo
Karen S.
on 3/18/04 6:11 am - Island Lake, IL
Well, I just passed the oral defense of my thesis for my masters degree. Now I have to make the final additions/corrections to a 150 page thesis this weekend. After that is done, I have taxes to contend with. Then there is all that pre-testing... I get stuff with a needle every 1-2 weeks anyway, so what is another 5 or 6 vials of blood... I want to go see my friends horse, becasue we know the surgeon will say no to riding for a while (doctors always say no to that!) Next, comes the health fair in Chicago the day before the Shamrock shuffle, then the Shamrock Shuffle on SUnday March 28th (5k walk along the lakefront). Tues March 30th, last appointment with surgeon and surgery on April 2nd. Obviously I have enough to keep me out of trouble until surgery. Karen
Donna P.
on 3/18/04 9:19 am - Carterville, IL
Wow! You people are busy! When do you sleep? I think you are brilliant Lara! You seem to really have things under control! I just got my date today. YEAH!!!!! April 15th! I guess I'll be working mostly up until my surgery. With working and drive time, that is about 60 hours a week. Then I have 3 kids if the work doesn't keep me busy enough. Anyway, Good luck to you!
jackie07840
on 3/18/04 10:14 pm - blakeslee, PA
I pray every night for insurance approval! I am also scared that something horrible will happen and prevent the surgery! Jackie
Larakatya
on 3/19/04 2:10 am - Twin Cities, MN
Jackie, I am saying a little prayer for you right now! Best of luck to you on your journey, ~Lara
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views