NERVOUS AND SCARED

Steffanie J.
on 3/15/04 9:43 am - Jacksonville, fl
I have been praying for this da to come. I finally got a date April 26, 2004. Anyone have thoughts of complications, anyone scared of the possible complications.
Jackie W.
on 3/15/04 9:36 pm - Anthon, IA
I just wanted to send you my wishes for a great "new" life! I had my surgery Feb. 11, 2003 and my only complication has been phneumonia after surgery. That was mostly my fault for not doing the breathing exercises enough. Follow the doctors instructions to the letter. Don't pu**** I have met too many people that try to experiment to see just how much or what they can eat. You are just defeating the purpose then. I have lost 152 pounds now and have leveled off. I feel great and better than I have in MANY years! E-mail me if you have any questions. Best of luck, Jackie P.S. Make sure you get up and walk around after surgery to get rid of the gas. It makes a big difference.
Anna Kris B.
on 3/16/04 7:38 am - Fort Collins, CO
Hi Steffanie, My surgery is scheduled for April 6. I'm getting kinda nervous, but I don't fear complications. I've had a lot of abdominal surgeries for other things so I know what to expect there. Have you had surgery before? I try to keep my thoughts very positive and not wander around in fear. It *does* catch me, though, and I have to deliberately step back and tell myself not to go there. I think there is great power in positive thinking, so if I believe the recovery will be smooth, it will be. If I convince myself there will be complications, there could be. So, in effect, I'm choosing to believe that there will be no complications. At least it helps to handle the fear and put it in its place. Stay positive and clear in your mind as to what you what your recovery to "look" like. Plant it in your head. Then follow the medical instructions to the letter. They've done gobs of these things and know what to expect. I'm willing to do as they say for the good of my body. I've already put my trust in them by scheduling the surgery. It's difficult not to be nervous, though. I find myself grieving a bit (see my post below "April 6th and getting nervous"). My emotions are whacky as can be. That part has startled me a bit. I didn't expect it *before* surgery. I knew emotions could be whacky *after*. You'll be in my thoughts, Steffanie. Keep posting! ~Anna
Nancy M.
on 3/16/04 11:26 am - Monticello, MN
Steffanie, I am as nervous as hell! My surgery is scheduled for April 19. But...I am just as excited. I am 53 years old and tired of being fat and sassy! Now I want to be thin and sassy! I am aware of the complications, but the more I read others experiences I see that they are pretty rare and not life-threatening. I've read about things like pneumonia, excess fluid, etc. However, I've also read that if you follow your doctor's instructions you should be fine. The one fear I have is that something will get stuck in my throat and I will have to have one of those nasty endoscopys...that would be BAD! Let's keep in touch since our dates are so close! Good luck and God bless.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views