April 6th and starting to get nervous...

Anna Kris B.
on 3/12/04 12:51 pm - Fort Collins, CO
Reality is starting to sink in, folks! A year and a half of study, contemplation, decision making and soul searching is coming close to a reality. It's quite the feeling! I'm excited, but ... the unknowns are always the hardest, aren't they? I can hear someone else's experience but don't know how it will really feel till I'm there. I know I'll be fine, but I also know that the adjustments (emotionally, physically, mentally & spiritually) won't happen overnight. Now that the joy of the date, the insurance approval, etc has worn off, I'm left with, "Wow, this is really gonna happen!" How's everyone else dealing with it? ~Anna
charl
on 3/12/04 9:00 pm - Bouckville, NY
Hi Anna, I'm April 6th too. I am just now starting to realize how close it really is, and how FAST the rest of the time will fly by. I start training the girl to replace me, at work, this coming week and I'm real nervous about that, plus I still have the cardiac clearence to go through and I'm SUPER nervous about that. I will be so GLAD and RELIEVED to be on the other side!!! I have been doing alot of praying, that helps me a great deal. Good luck hun! Charl
Dodie R.
on 3/13/04 10:16 am - North Little Rock, AR
Hi Anna, My surgery is April 5th. It is also sinking in here after much soul searching!! At this point, I'm not really feeling alot of anything. Not sure if its because I don't have the support of family or if its because I have had so much surgery in my life. The difference is, this surgery will be helpful to my health. I know I am ready for this life changing solution. I want to be able to keep up with my grandchildren and my children. Talking with all of you guys on the board here is very helpful to me!!! Please keep me posted to your progress, physically and emotionally!! God bless you, Dodie
Laura F.
on 3/15/04 3:08 pm - Ida Grove, IA
HI ANNA, MY SURGERY IS APRIL 7TH SO YOU WILL BE ONE DAY MORE OF A LOSER THAN I AM. THAT IS FINE THOUGH. I WILL BE THINKING OF YOU ON THE 6TH. I HOPE YOU HAVE A SMOOTH SURGERY AND A SPEEDY RECOVERY. LOVES, LAURA
ELLEN J.
on 3/16/04 5:55 am - IN
April 6 is my date too Anna. I feel like you do...having faith that'll I'll be ok, but I know having a "different" GI tract is going to take some getting used to. It sounds like you are really prepared though as you took a year and a half to study, etc. BEST OF LUCK!!!
Anna Kris B.
on 3/16/04 7:21 am - Fort Collins, CO
Thanks for your replies! Another question: Are your emotions all over the place? Today I'm feeling fine, but yesterday I kept crying puddles if anyone looked at me in a loving way. It doesn't feel like fear, it just feels like... well... grieving, to be honest. Are you all doing the same thing? You guys are sweet. I hope your surgeries go really well, too. I'll have each one of you in my mind as we all approach our new lives. ~Anna
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views