How are you all doing? Anyone...anyone...

Rachelq
on 9/15/08 9:57 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Howdy folks.

Let's see, as for me, down to 148 from 165 (still would like to lose more, but feel great right now...though technically, i'm still 'overweight' for my height.)

I'm still struggling with drinking more than I'd like to even admit. I either have just one..never two cuz if I have a second, there is always a third...or more. I drink during the week (a glass of wine every couple of nights), but that was unheard of post op.

My dh and I are having a dry september (we've always done this even when I was pre-op) just feels good to detox after the summer. But I've already broken the rules 3x's and its only the 15th. But I'll keep trying...

That's about my biggest vice.

How bout you? How are you?

Rachel
DianneW
on 9/18/08 5:18 am - Louisville, KY
I am starving.  I started taking Lithium and all I want to do is eat.  I'm up to 158.  I need to do something to get this under control.  It sounds like you are doing good.

Dianne
Rachelq
on 9/18/08 9:12 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with

Hi Dianne!
I didn't realize that lithium upped appetite. I wonder if there is something the doc can give you to counter balance the effects. At 158 that puts our bmi's at just about the same place. (just a bit out of the 'normal' range. Its a far cry from where we started (more so for you than me!) But I totally get how it feels to not be in control.

Hope you find something that helps you!

Hugs,
Rachel

DianneW
on 9/18/08 10:11 pm - Louisville, KY
Thanks, I may just try increasing the protien and see if that helps, I've been eating a lot of junk. 
M M
on 9/29/08 12:22 am
Dianne...

I'm on Topamax and it shuts down appetite, well... it is an off label use.  My brain can push through it.

I hope you are well. 
DianneW
on 9/29/08 2:29 am - Louisville, KY
Thanks, I take topamax to, for migraines.  It has no effect on my appetite as far as I can tell. 

I hope you are well also.

Dianne
M M
on 9/29/08 3:13 am
D-

I ask only because I thought you had a problem with losing too much? 

Topamax is given to binge eaters and drinkers and sometimes works, too well.

I'm on it for seizures, I started having them this year.
DianneW
on 9/29/08 3:21 am - Louisville, KY
I did loose to much for a while, was down to 120, but now I'm up to 160.  I had gained back to 155 before the Lithium.  I only take 50 mg of topamax, more than that and I get really forgetful.  I'm sorry to hear about the seizures.  I hope the medication is working for you. 

Dianne
Just Janice
on 9/29/08 5:47 am - Houston, TX
Howdy howdy!

Weightwise, I still bounce bt 140-150, but it has no effect on my clothes fit.  We just went thru hurricane Ike down here, and I went down to 139 and looked like a crackhead...niiiice.  I am back to about 143, so if it lasts, I'll stay right here, tyvm.  We are moving to OK, hubby has already been up there for a few months, so it is me and the kids trying to sell this ^%%$$#&^ house.  Talk about stress..ugh

Wine...love it and hate it, as I have been drinkin a lil too much of the ol grape lately.  I am fine as long as it isnt in the house, but when it is, I drink the whole bottle and search for more..wtf?!?!  I am trying to cut back, which I have, but still drink once or twice a week.

Good to see all popping there heads in.  Anyone hear from Lara lately?

Larakatya
on 10/20/08 9:44 am - Twin Cities, MN
Hello there all my April 04 peeps!

I've heard from me lately, and I said to tell everyone that I'm doing alright. Summer came and went with lots of time spent with family and getting to know my new sweet baby - Butters the wonder cat. After losing 220lbs of dead weight this January *ahem* I'm happy to report that I've also lost my bounce weight and am back down to "comfortable" . . .I'm about 8lbs from my favorite weight of 198, but very very happy to be down 20lbs.

My back is a jerk, but I'm surviving. I'm deep into the Social Security waiting game - thank god for Long Term Disability. My friends have been an amazing support system for me. I'm very grateful that the 1 year anniversary of my mother's passing has come and gone. I look forward to the 1 year anniversary of my split from my wife. I wish we could get divorced. . .but there's no legal recourse for us at this time. I'd really like it to be "done" but what is one to do?

With my back pain I have a nearly constant state of nausea that my acupuncturist is helping me address. The treatment gives me a healthy appetite and I'm extra careful to ensure I'm getting good calories in. I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but one day at a time right?

Love to all those who struggle to do what's healthy,
and to all the rest of us humans too!
~Lara
Lap RNY 4-1-04
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 513 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 776 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 710 views