Sad News

Larakatya
on 8/9/07 12:20 pm - Twin Cities, MN
My mother has passed away. Francesca and I are back from her funeral. While the funeral was a wonderful celebration of her life, I'm finding myself quite sad. I've been feeling her love around me in a hundred different little ways. I'm fine until I'm not fine, then I'm really not fine until I'm fine again. My mother lost her battle with diabetes type 2 related to her super morbid obesity. She was 5'1" and 300 lbs at her death. She was in the hospital with a cellulitius and became septic. The death was quite sudden. Her heart simply stopped, and they were unable to get it restarted. I'm striving dilligently to maintain - it is a worthy struggle. It truly is life or death. I've been given an opportunity to save my own life, and I'm trying to seize this opportunity with both hands. Depression-wise, I'm trying hard to keep fighting the good fight, and not let my current sadness bring me all the way down. Sending love to all my April friends, and all those who struggle with obesity, ~Lara
Just Janice
on 8/13/07 2:29 am - Houston, TX
LARA!!! I wish I could offer something besides a big hug and condolences to you and yours. You are in my thoughts and prayers during this hard time. I lost my father to a sudden illness 6 years ago, and while it was a struggle to make sense of it all, I can tell you that it does get easier with time. As they say time heals all wounds, but then again, that really doesn't do jack **** for you now. Surround yourself with friends and family and accept every kind word, hug, and piece of advice (no matter how badly presented or worded..their heart is in the right place, and their mouth may have yet to find it...). Peace to you, Girlie, and let me send some loving support vibes your way... Janice
DianneW
on 8/15/07 2:04 am - Louisville, KY
Lara, I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I lost my mother in 1991. She had a sudden heart attack. She was thin, but a smoker with hypertension, she was only 54. It took me years to get over. I agree with Janice, surround yourself with people you love, and take care of yourself. I will send some loving thoughts and prayers your way. Dianne
M M
on 9/1/07 11:30 am
((((((((((((((((((Lara))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
medinsman41
on 10/24/07 7:44 am - Newville, PA
Lara, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I lost my father last November. It does get easier to accept the loss as time goes on, but it is a very hard time. There has not been a day since his passing that I've not thought of him, not only once or twice during the day, but numerous times during the day. We live on the other side of my parents double house. We saw him everyday. The start of the warm season was especially hard, because he did a garden and loved to grill. I found myself sitting out in the backyard wondering how we'd get through, but we did. The holiday's were very hard too, he was a very big person on family get togethers...get togethers for any occasion. My dad had numerous health problems, including type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, clogging of the arteries, heart problems. He was in NY to have a procedure done to open the main artery to his heart. It was blocked 90%. They started the procedure, and minutes into the procedure, his artery collapes, and he went in to cardiac arrest. Which in itself is bad, but he had a difibulator, and it was shocking him because of his heart stopping due to the cardiac arrest. The doctors could only stand and wait for that to stop because you are not able to touch someone that has their difibulator going off because of getting shocked themselves. Once that stopped, they started with trying to revive him, but to no avail. Only my mother, one sister, and one brother were with him in NY, we live in PA. They put him on life support to help with the beating of his heart, and when they tried to take him off of it, his heart would not restart on its own, then his kidneys failed, then his liver. They could not save him. They kept him on the lif support until the rest of us drove to NY to be with him. (my parents had 6 kids, all of us but one are married, each with 2 kids) We all drove the 3 1/2-4 hours to get to be with our dad for the last few hours of his life. It was very very traumatic, something we didn't expect, because he had these procedures before, just not on the main artery to his heart. We saw a double rainbow on the way to NY, we thought, that's a good sign. It was of sorts, not for us, but for him, for now, he would not be living in anymore pain or suffereing with his medical problems anymore. He would be at peace. I still miss him so very much, but know I will see him again some day. The support of family and friends is extremely important. Lean on them when you need to....for anything you need them for. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Stacy
stactray
on 10/24/07 7:48 am - Newville, PA
LOL...oh boy Lara...I replied to your post about your mom...but didn't realize it was under my husbands account until I sent it. He doesn't sign out and I forget that so what "he" (robert trayler) wrote is really me..lol Again, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Stacy
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views