Where for art thou?

Donna Paige
on 7/12/06 9:49 am - Pottstown, PA
Well I have started to put weight back on. After getting down to 100% of my excess weight off which was 127lbs, I've gained back 10lbs and am struggling in a real bad way. I can't stop thinking about food. I actually woke up in the middle of the night to eat popcorn. My husband though I was nuts. It was 11:30. I thought I dreamed it but it turns out it was for real. Danged if I'm not obsessing so much I'm sleep eating. LOL I never exercised a lick in the past 2 years and its all caught up with me. I did finally join the YMCA and I work out for an hour everyday now but Sunday. I had a fifty cent piece sized ulcer and then I suffered from severe anemia and malnutrition. I had to see a hemotologist who I am currently under his care. I had iron infusions once a week for 4 weeks. After my 4th infusion I started eating and haven't stopped. Glad to say though that I'm 100% healthy now. My ulcer is healed and my labs are actually improving. Only thing that I have going on now is some Phlebitis after my 2nd round of plastic surgery. Anyway I'm just wondering what the heck is going on with my fellow April Buddies. Love to all! Donna Paige 137lbs today YIKES
tonishappy
on 7/18/06 2:27 am - Greensboro, NC
I feel like I want to eat all the time too. I hate it. I have put on 5 pounds since January and know that I need to get them off and just can't motivate myself. I really don't want to put any more on but when you eat all the time and eat sugar it is going to happen. so what is it going to take for me to stop. the more i think about not being able to eat to loose the wieght, the more i eat Toni
Dedicated
on 7/20/06 9:53 pm - Eleva, WI
I'm still desperately trying to lose my last 60 pounds! Lost nearly 90 so far, but still so far away. Taking Metformin for the past month for PCOS issues, doc said to give it at least six months. Can only handle 1/2 the rx dose, otherwise major bathroom issues. I refuse to give up.
ruthdebra
on 7/22/06 10:24 am - Palm Springs, CA
Hi Donna - I'm up about 4 or 5 pounds this week - it comes and goes with how much I exercise. I'm much hungrier these days but think it's more emotional than anything. Today is a good day. If I could totally stay away from nuts and bread I'd be fine. But I do allow myself some carbs that way. No sugar. My health is good but I need shoulder surgery - have an appointment Aug 7th to meet with the surgeon but can't have it done until November due to my work schedule and how long it takes to recover. I'd like to lose about 8 pounds between now and then so I can handle the period of inactivity without much worry about gaining. Other than that, life is good. No malnutrition issues. Haven't had PS and probably wont as insurance wont pay but it is getting to be ok with me. It's good to hear from you and good to hear that I'm not alone in this struggle. Take care, Ruth 119 pounds today. But it's not the 253 with which I started.
DianneW
on 7/25/06 10:40 pm - Louisville, KY
Hi Donna, I haven't been on in forever. I fluctuate between 127 and 137. My doctor says it's normal. I don't worry about it. Sometimes I exercise more than others, it definetly helps. Hang in there. Dianne
momof 3
on 7/26/06 1:19 pm - Dearborn Heights, MI
hi, I Know how ya feel ive put 10 pounds back on from 132 to 142 witch im ok with i thought i was getting too thin but my old bad habits are catching up with me.i wake up in the middle of the night just to eat if i make my kids a cake or brownies and i know there on my counter ill wake up just to get me a HUGE peice.. i cant sleep if i know its in the house.for 2 years now ive done really good with sugar(i used too dump on the stuff)now im able to eat it and now im in big trouble i used to exersize but have stoped i thinks its time for me too start from the bigining get back to the basics. Cristina
Donna Paige
on 8/1/06 3:06 am - Pottstown, PA
I'm glad to see everyone is hanging in there and doing good for the most part. I found out a week ago that the phlebitis was a wrong diagnosis and that I now have Lymphedema caused by my thighplasty in April. My leg is now swelled up 3" larger than the other one. This means physical therapy and lots of deligent work on my part. I'm a little pissed off that I did this to myself in the pursuit of looking "NORMAL". No one told me the risk involved with thighplasty. I'm trying to be optimistic about it all. Doc said some of the weight gain is the amount of fluid in the leg. However my size 6 pants are tight as heck so I can't blame it all on that. Just wondering if the loose skin would have been preferable to this. Looking at photos of people with this disease scares the living crap out of me. However mine is mild at this point but It's definitely noticeable. My pants legs are tight on me and you can't cover that up. Anyway I'm glad that my fellow April Buddies are doing well. Just missing everyone on here. Donna Paige
butterflyr
on 8/6/06 2:59 am - centre, AL
it was really nice hearing from every one , i don't feel so much like a failure and freak and all alone now that i see that i am not the only one gaing weight and wonting to eat all the time and every thing in the house . i crave food ,sweets junk can't eat enough , hate myself when i fall short and that makes me eat more i eat till i make my self sick then eat even more i have gained 30 pounds sence jan 06 , don;t know what or how to get out of this mess i am in ,if any one has any advice i would be so greatful , i try to go back to eating like i did in the being but cant stay with it hopless to food it seems glad every one is doing good ,butterfly
ruthdebra
on 8/13/06 9:56 am - Palm Springs, CA
I think a lot of us are struggling, Butterfly. I've just gotten back to exercising more. But our appetites are returning. I do best when I totally go back to the losing routine and follow the rules. OK - here's a reminder for everyone who's reading 1. Eat protein first - then veggies - then fruit - then starch or dessert. (I skip the starch most of the time but was starting to eat more bread but no more until these 8 pounds are gone!) 2. Drink your water 3. Take your vitamins 4. Exercise 5. NO SNACKING 6. Be accountable - weigh every day. And remember - each day is a new chance - and the beginning of the rest of your life. Each hour. Don't have a diet mentality. You've done very well - Don't hate yourself. Just get back on track one day at a time. Email me privately if you'd like. I'm always here for anyone that needs me. Hugs, Ruth
Rachelq
on 8/22/06 3:00 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Donna, Sorry to be posting so late! I'm struggling too! The only thing saving me right now is that I work at a gym, but I've still gained 12lbs. The thing that scares me the most it that my brain is back to the way I was post op. Feeling guilty over not being in control. But I'm still fighting the good fight. Good luck with the YMCA...be careful not to over do it. I find people join my gym and work out daily and then burn out. 3 times a week for 45min to 1hr (depending on what you are doing) is all you need to get your body headed in the right direction. Then if that feels good, add more. Good luck to us! Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 776 views