Using a supplement to help your tool.....

SUPERMANs_Wife
on 12/29/04 11:36 pm - U S M C Picks my home..., NC
does anyone use a supplement to help you lose faster??? i have been reading that there are some that do take them after gastric bypass.... dont flame me i am just curious... i just always assumed that the tool was better then any supplement..... what do ya all think???
SUPERMANs_Wife
on 12/29/04 11:56 pm - U S M C Picks my home..., NC
i am talkin about weight loss supplements....
Dot B.
on 12/30/04 12:07 am - Cary, NC
My personal opinion is that the best way to help your tool work is to develop the necessary life habits that will maximize your weight loss and help you MAINTAIN it (which as we all know is even harder than keeping it off). Drink lots of water, take vitamin and dietary supplements, exercise 3-4 times a week, focus on eating protein and giving up carbs - that's my program and it is working well, so far. Actively participating in a support group is an important part of the process, in my opinion. Dot 9/22/03 Dr. Grant at Duke -170
boboma25
on 12/30/04 12:26 am - Trinity , NC
A friend of mine that is 2 years out is on something for app. control. I'm not sure of the name of it though. I'll email her to find out. She had lost 180, then gained 15 lbs back, she has now lost 20 and the app control meds help her maintain. Her issue was portion control. Sincerely, Bobbie Tate
boboma25
on 12/30/04 1:00 am - Trinity , NC
My friend takes: Phentermine. I hope this helps! Have a great New Year! Congrats on your success! Sincerely, Bobbie
Sue B
on 4/29/06 1:52 pm - WI
I had Blue Cross & They covered my Bypass 100% ... I had to pay for my breast lift & Arm lift myself ... Sue 320/130 RNY 4-27-04
DeDe1961
on 12/30/04 9:29 am - Lexington, NC
I would think that a lot of the appetite suppressants would be hard on your pouch. I don't take anything without asking my surgeon first & God knows I wouldn't have the nerve to ask about supplements. (although as increased as my appetite has been lately, I probably need some.) LOL
Dedicated
on 4/25/06 8:46 am - Eleva, WI
Geez, I wish! I finally have health insurance again, so I'm going to an endocrynologist to treat my pcos and that should help jump start things again.
Donna Paige
on 4/25/06 9:44 am - Pottstown, PA
Still losing here on a consistent basis which I'm thrilled about. It's much slower but I continue to drop around 3-5lbs a month.
amomfor2angels
on 4/26/06 9:16 am - Grovetown, GA
Hello. I have stopped losing weight. In fact, I havent really lost anything in over one year. I went from 250 to 138, but bumped back up to 142-145 and have stayed there for over a year now. The past 2 weeks I have gained like 3 pounds but am back using Fitday.com so I hope to lose that last 10 pounds. I wish I would lose more, but I think Im done. I havent seen my surgeon, due to moving out of state. I still need to find one in my area and get labs done and would love to get my pouch scoped to make sure everything is ok. Somedays I feel I can eat the house!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views