Question for Post ops:

TONIGIRL
on 12/29/04 8:31 am - Kings Mountain, NC
How much weight did you loose in 3 months. I think I'm doing good but I would like to know how some of you did at the same point? I am down 45 lbs since October 20th. I will be going back to the doctor on Jan. 2oth and I am just a little nervous that I may not be loosing as fast as most. Where were you at the same time 9 wks out and 3 mos. out? Thanks for the info!
SUPERMANs_Wife
on 12/29/04 10:27 am - U S M C Picks my home..., NC
87 lbs in at 3 months out... but i am a heavy wt... i was 350 lbs....
L_Cashion
on 12/29/04 10:41 am - Maiden, NC
Hey ToniGirl, I can relate. I felt a little like you do, am I doing good enough? My surgeon and my nutritionist say I'm right on track. My surgery was 9/15/04 and as of Christmas Day I had lost 60 lbs. EVERYBODY is different. Do not compare yourself to others, girl you will go crazy! I know. My daughter preaches to me all the time. She is 2 years post op and down 160 lbs. wearing a size 8. Smaller than she was in high school. I feel great, I already look smaller and it is coming off. On my daughter's birthday Dec. 15, I wrote in her card "thanks for saving my life". She had the surgery first and encouraged me to have it and I have not regretted a minute of my journey. Ask yourself this, how many times have you lost that much weight in 3 months? And this time it won't come back. Remember you are not competing with anyone. Just saving your own life. Keep up the good work! Lynne
DianneW
on 4/21/06 11:13 am - Louisville, KY
My anniversary was 4/15 - I've lost 210 pounds weigh in at 130. BMI is 19.9 unbelievable. I got a new job that I love. Moved to a new town. All new friends. Still have some old friends. Dating for the first time in years. No plastic surgery, need it but scared because of the risks. Exercise and love it. Wear a size 6. I'm happy for the first time in years. ps. sorry I haven't checked in for a while. Dianne
DeDe1961
on 12/29/04 11:53 am - Lexington, NC
I 2nd Lynne's response, we are all different with different ages, metabolisms & started off at different weights. The sermon she just gave you is one I had to give her several weeks ago & when I was newly post op I got the same sermon from other gals on here. Anyway, I looked back in my journal & will answer your question--but don't use it for comparison. 9 weeks -44 lbs & 33 3/4" 3 months -54 lbs & 44 3/4" currently (almost 11 months post op) -135 lbs & 99 3/4"
wlsprincess
on 12/29/04 9:54 pm - Angier, NC
Hey ToniGirl you are doing great!! I know how hard it is not to compare ourselves with others. It was really hard for me , because I am one of those persons who couldn't look in the mirror and see the true me. I think I will always see myself as that 297lb woman I was. As said earlier I think alot of how much you loose depends on many factors...age....start weight ....how tall you are...etc. I can tell you that I am 5 feet 6 1/2inches tall and my start weight was 297lbs. I had lost 49lbs at 8 weeks post op and 66lbs at 3 months post op. I am 16 months post and have lost 150lbs. The one thing that helped me keep an idea if I was on track was the weight planner that ObesityHelp has on its web site. It helped me keep in check with where I was suppose to be and where I was. You have to set the % of weight you hope to loose, so it still could differ from person to person. Anyway I think you are doing wonderful and I pray you continue to be a BIG LOOSER!! LOL -Wendy-
MICHELLE M.
on 12/29/04 10:40 pm - STANLEY, NC
Hey Toni!!!! Sorry I haven't returned your call. Girl, I have been so so busy. 45 lb already? That's fantastic. I'm not exactly sure but I think I have lost around 50 to 55 lbs. I'm supposed to go back to Dr M in Jan. but they haven't called to set up my appt yet. Were going out of town this weekend but I will try and call you soon!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views