Questions about Blue Cross/Shield of NC

redtweter
on 12/24/04 2:21 am - Four Oaks, NC
Hi everyone...my name is Loretta. I currently live in WA state and will be relocating to Charlotte NC. I am trying to get information on my soon to be health care provider; Blue Cross/Blue Shield of NC. Can you tell me how they do with RNY sugeon patients. I will be having the surgery this coming Tuesday (12/28) and will be relocating in about 2 months, so they will be me insurer for the time of recover and any future things. Appreciate any information any of you in the area know. I sure hope I can find a good surgeon and doctor to do my follow-up in the state!! Also, if anyone has suggestions on good support groups in Charlotte area that would be wonderful too. Merry Christmas Everyone!
whyray R.
on 12/24/04 4:00 am - Newton, NC
I have BCBS of NC, State employees plan and they are very good in working with WLS. I was approved on first try. I also use Dr. Melkonian out of Charlotte, and he was highly praised by many. My wife (we are seperated now since October) relocated here from WA state four years ago. She ha a hard time adjusting to the heat, and it isnt that bad here, but does like the area immensely. Good luck. I am having my surgery this coming month Yerby
redtweter
on 12/24/04 4:57 am - Four Oaks, NC
Hey thanks for the information! We, my husband and I, will be working for the county of Mecklenburg. So it is probably the same or similar plan as the state. I am not to worried about the weather change, I know I won't be saying nice words though come summer time. My family just moved back to NC and since my husband is originally from the East coast it only makes since to move. Sucks financially giving up the kind of careers we have to start over, but Charlotte seems like a growing city!!!! Anyhow, thanks for the information. I will be praying for your surgery next month. It will be here before you know it. I can't believe I am having surgery in four days, wow! Take care Loretta
Teresa A.
on 12/27/04 10:14 am - Charlotte, NC
Greetings... I highly recommend my WLS surgeon. (Or at least he will be my surgeon when Cigna gets there sh-- together! He is Dr. Roc Bauman in Concord, NC. His office is very close to NorthEast Medical Center, where I work. I checked him out thouroughly at the hosp. before I went to him and he is highly respected in this area. Welcome to Meck. County. I love it here! Let us know who you choose. Take Care.....;o)
(deactivated member)
on 4/23/06 7:56 am - woodbury, NJ
yup got em and can't eat sometimes..hurt bad ..i'm on medication too
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out