Update on me

Larakatya
on 5/17/06 1:41 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Hi there my April Peeps, I've been away but you all are fondly in my heart. I'm fully "recovered" from my back surgery, but my back pain continues to be intermittently debilitating. I've been referred to a Chronic Pain center, and in 2 months when my name gets off the waiting list I can expect to learn techniques that will help me adjust to my new life with pain. It can be extremely frustrating to be at goal - and healthy, but unable to move due to the pain in my back. It inspires feelings of hopelessness that my therapist and I are working on. I know there is light at the end of my tunnel - if not a life without severe back pain, at least better coping mechanisms for dealing with it. I thank god every day for my WLS - as suffering with this pain in addition to the pain I used to be in every day - I can't bear the thought of it. My prognosis is very good provided I keep the hardwon success my WLS has helped me earn. The walking class is going strong. Often its hard to limit myself to just walking - but sometimes its hard just to be able to walk. I'm not certain if I'll be teaching the next section of it or not. But I'm still exploring options to get a good low impact workout. I am deeply in love with my darling wife - she's incredible. I'm very very lucky. Anyway, I've babbled enough. I'm sending love to all my April compadres, ~Lara
lacmike
on 6/4/06 8:01 am - York, PA
Lara, I am so glad to hear you are doing well. I too thank God for this gift every day! Lori
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 776 views