was it the right decision?

adrienne0914
on 5/8/06 9:53 am - Gardena, CA
i am just so frustrated with this weight loss thing!! i had the lap band procedure done on 3/20/06, and i have lost a whopping 12 pounds. i know it's better than gaining 12 pounds, but still. after paying for this surgery out of my savings, i'm starting to wonder whether it was worth it. i keep asking myself if i'm doing everything that i can. i think the one area where i'm falling short is the water intake, but does that alone equate to minimal weight loss? i'm doing exercise videos 3-4 times a week and going to Pilates class 1-2 times a week. i'm just so frustrated i could scream!!! there really is no question to ask. i just feel like i needed to vent... *kicking can* lol! i'm new to this board. so i don't know how to put my stats in my siggy--or even how to create a siggy.
Rilabie_Chime
on 5/8/06 10:05 am - Littlerock, CA
I'm sorry your feeling so frustrated, it will be worth it, it just seems to take a little extra time for some of us. It looks like you're doing everything correctly, remember though if your working out 4 - 6 times a week you're building up muscle too. I understand your frustration though, I haven't lost a lot myself about 25 lbs since surgery, I too am doing my exercise, vitamins and water. When I got on the scale this morning and found out I gained a pound in a week I just about cried. I know I'm getting ready to start my cycle, but the fact that I'm much more hormonal since surgery only makes me want to cry more! hope things get better for you and the scale moves soon. have you taken your measurements? many have said what a big difference that can make.
Stephanie Smiles
on 5/8/06 10:45 am - My Town, NH
Ingrid, I'm getting out my cheerleading pom poms for you too! (Yeah right. Like I was ever a cheerleader! Only in my junior high fantasies!!! ) Sounds like you need a little rah rah. 25 pounds is excellent weight loss! That silly monthly visitor plays games with our scales, our bodies and our emotions. It's simply not fair! It will pass and your scale will be forced to move once again. Meanwhile, you're doing a great job with exercise, water and vitamins. You go girl! Hugs, Stephanie
Stephanie Smiles
on 5/8/06 10:40 am - My Town, NH
Adrienne, I send you big hugs. There really isn't anything worse than the frustration associated with the evil scale. You are losing and will continue to lose. Just keep doing what you are supposed to do. You'll do great! - Stephanie
Beckers
on 5/8/06 1:01 pm - Cottage Grove, OR
Adrienne- I feel for you! As frustrated as I get sometimes with "stalling", I can imagine paying for the surgery out of your OWN pocket, and feeling this way... I was lucky to have the surgery covered by insurance. Try to stay positive and keep up your hard work. I know, getting water in is a constant struggle, just keep it up! Rebecca 269/226/150 P.S. For this message board (March 2006'ers), I always type my signature each post. However, on the main message board, it lets you make a custom signature. I can't wait til this website is re-vamped
Darlene X
on 5/9/06 1:17 am - Maricopa, AZ
Have you had your first fill yet? or are you still just set up with the band and no fill from surgery? You need to understand that most of us here had RNY, not lap band. Lap band is a much slower form of weight loss... once you get your fills to where they should be, you should be doing just fine. Don't get upset... lap band just takes a little longer. NEVER compare yourself to someone who has had RNY. Darlene
adrienne0914
on 5/9/06 6:59 am - Gardena, CA
thanks everyone for your words of encouragement!! it's so nice to know that i'm not in this alone. this is a wonderful support group. i'm actually feeling much better today. i'm really going to try to focus on my health rather than the scale and also focus on drinking tha****er! rilabie, i have been taking my measurements. that's frustrating too because i think i've lost just a couple of inches, but i'll just keep doing what i need to do knowing that it will eventually make a difference. stephanie, thanks for the hugs. they really helped! rebecca, thanks for the info on the siggy poo. i probably won't remember to paste it myself. so i'll add it when the upgrades are made. darlene, you are SO right! i think comparing myself to others has been my biggest problem! my best friend also had the surgery the same day i did. so i compare my weight loss to hers (not good). i compare myself to the friend that recommended this procedure and doctor (not good). i compare myself to the before & after pics here (not good). i just need to focus on what i can control. you are all awesome!
Melissa P.
on 5/9/06 11:02 pm - Aurora, IL
I think Darlene is right. You should check on the fill. Also, lap banders tend to lose slower, but lose longer than us RNYers.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views