### 05/08 What Did Ya Eat Today?

Darlene X
on 5/8/06 7:29 am - Maricopa, AZ
Ok, so Im back kinda... still feeling very tired and recuperating, but I figure I'd start my posts back up. Did you all miss me? LOL Now keep in mind Im still sick, getting over my strep throat & eating is a struggle right now, plus nothing tastes good. I haven't got all my meals and snacks in. Breakfast: 1/3 Weet Bix with Fat Free Milk & a lil splenda (Whole wheat cereal thing, I grew up on them in NZ and have recently found the British version in the USA) Snack: None-- Tisk Tisk Lunch: A few bites of Tuna salad (HUbby was sweet and made it for me, but I just couldn't stomach much), 1/2 WW Melba Toast & a small slice of pineapple. Snack: Im supposed to eat some beef jerky, I'll try. Dinner: Not yet determined. Im thinking of possibly getting a protein boosted Jamba Juice. We tried Jamba Juice this past weekend, they have 4-5 drinks that are sweetened with splenda and lower calories (About half of their regular drinks). The sugars are still high, but all naturally from fructose in the fruit, and my Nut. doesnt count that in my sugar limit. The one I tried was 10oz, 170 calories, and had 14g of protein after I added the protein boost. It was very refreshing, I only had about 1/2 though. I found out I don't dump on fruit sugars though This is the first protein "drink" Ive been able to tolerate. Right now my body needs the calories and the protein, so if I can stomach this, thats what I'll have for a bit
Tina K
on 5/8/06 9:19 am - Central, NY
Hope you are back to 100% soon Darlene! Today I got up very late because I've been tired lately. So I haven't had much to eat. Then again, I don't normally have much to eat. I just had a shorter day today. Breakfast: One cheese stick Lunch: Didn't have any - my breakfast was sort of my lunch. Dinner: 1 oz grilled chicken, 1 oz scalloped potatoes and half an ounce of yellow corn. Snack: Tonight's 'snack' will be the protein chai tea. I've gotten in about 45 oz of liquid today and will start drinking again in another 15 min. The corn tonight tasted wonderful and I was able to eat everything I served myself and not get sick. Ate it slowly and really enjoyed it. I make a kick ass scalloped potato dish! We have a place called "Mr. Smoothie" around here where you can get a protein pack in your drink. It's a blend of water, ice, yogurt and fruit. They are yummy! I got a small one not to far post op and it was so refreshing. Again, feel better soon! Tina http://www.wls.tinakulesa.com 315/268/140
CherieG
on 5/8/06 1:10 pm - Collingdale, PA
Tina, You can't tell us that you make a kick ass scalloped potato dish and not share the recipe with us. I would be interested in it if you are willing to share. Thanks, Cherie
Tina K
on 5/9/06 2:24 am - Central, NY
Okay - I'm going to post it. Tina
Mary M.
on 5/8/06 9:54 am - Livonia, MI
Yes, I missed you and I'm glad your on the road to recovery! Today was a pretty good eating day. S- Protein drink B- Yogurt (dannon light and fit) L- 3 oz turkey burger patty with lo fat swiss cheese and a tomato slice D- 3 strips of grilled chicken on a lo carb tortilla with veggie cheese. S- protein drink. I have really been trying to up my protein! I am a slow loser. Hope you have a wonderful day. Mary
Stephanie Smiles
on 5/8/06 10:34 am - My Town, NH
Today's intake includes: Breakfast: 1 package regular, instant oatmeal (I can remember when I would eat four of these for breakfast and they were the sweetened varities!) Lunch: 4 ounces leftover salmon, two tablespoons sweet potato and 1/4 cup asparagus Dinner: 2 ounces beef sirloin tips and 1/2 cup of salad with dressing Snack: TBD but maybe some sliced strawberries - I'm really full so I may not have one. Need to drink more water before I go to bed. I'm off to Boston tomorrow for work and need to pack protein powder and Crystal Light in case I am not able to eat breakfast or lunch. Feel better and better Darlene! - Stephanie
(deactivated member)
on 5/8/06 11:37 am - Baltimore, MD
S - Nectar Prtn Shake B - Reduced Fat Wheat Thins (was feeling a little queasy and needed something bland) L - 6 Small appetizer-size turkey meatballs S - Low Fat Cheese Stick D - 4 oz Chili / 1 oz SF Applesauce So I was able to get in 63g of Prtn today which is good for me. Didn't do well on the water today but will try to do better tomorrow.
chozen V.
on 5/8/06 12:18 pm - st louis, MO
Breakfast: Atkins advantageprotein shake Lunch: Southbeach diet protein bar Dinner: Baked chicken/broccoli and 2%cheese and 55 ounces of water with crystal light mixed in,i'm gonna try an get in at least 60 ounces before bed time Snack: if hungry maybe some peanuts
Angela S.
on 5/9/06 12:53 am - St. Ann, MO
My diet yesterday included: B: 1 piece of toast with peanut butter L: 1/4 cup of Hormel chili with no beans S: 100 calorie pack of cheetos D: Toppings off a small piece of pizza (mushroom, sausage, cheese) S: 1/2 cup Prairie Farms sugar-free Rocky road ice cream
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views