HELP! I am craving sweets

sparkles
on 5/7/06 4:44 am - North Richland Hills, TX
So I haven't had soda since January.. and all day yesterday I wanted mountain dew... its driving me nuts. Today I'm craving cakes... little debbies, ding dongs and Ho HO's. I haven't done anything bad.. But I feel like going off the deep end! I want something sweet and moist!!! AAAAAAAAAAA! On a lighter note, I get my G-Tube out tomorrow!! I star****er Aerobics on Tuesday... if the doctor lets me! YAY!!
RebekaA
on 5/7/06 4:52 am - Inland Empire, CA
How's your protein intake? I find when mine is too low I get cravings. Try upping it and ease up on carbs for a day or two and see how you feel. As long as my protein intake is high and my carbs are low, I don't get cravings. Otherwise, I try and think that eating all those sweets was part of my old fat life--and I don't want that life anymore. It also helps to think even if i wanted them, i can't have them so oh well. Get out of the house and get your mind off your cravings! GL
sparkles
on 5/7/06 4:57 am - North Richland Hills, TX
My protien is pretty good... my water intake could be higher.. and I'm at work! LOL. Thanks for the suggestions though.
timsdanni
on 5/7/06 5:26 am - Ft Stewart, GA
the evil carb monster!! try going 24 hours with little to no carbs (lots of self control here but you are strong you can do it!) and then I bet you have an easyer time - for me more carbs mean more carb cravings - grrrrr sometimes I just from them and eat pure protien for a few days LOL Danni
sparkles
on 5/7/06 5:46 am - North Richland Hills, TX
Usually I have little to no carbs.. a cheese and crackers for breakfast and a zuchini or something for dinner.... but I'll see what I can do.
kimbaby74
on 5/7/06 10:30 am - Western, KY
I've found something that helps me. Sugar free chocolate pudding (a tablespoon is all I can eat) with a teaspoon of sugar free cool whip. Yummy! Kim 359/308/150
Stephanie Smiles
on 5/7/06 10:48 am - My Town, NH
I'm with Kim. That sugar-free chocolate pudding (the Jell-o brand Chocolate Fudge is very rich!) with a dollop of Cool Whip does it for me every time. I also rely on No Sugar Added Fudgsicles to get me through. You can beat these cravings! I know you can! - Stephanie
sparkles
on 5/7/06 12:41 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
I bought some NSA fudgecicles tonight.. I havent been able to eat the jello SF chocolate pudding... the consistency makes me ! The fudgecicle**** the spot though! Tomorrow I weigh in for my 6 week check up.. and I get my tube out... so... here's hoping my work has paid off!
revcindyjh
on 5/7/06 11:57 am - Highland, CA
RNY on 03/13/06 with
I can really relate to the soda craving. OMG, I was the biggest soda junkie in the world prior to surgery -- diet dr. pepper was my soda of choice. I will tell you this, a sip of soda post surgery is all it took to get me to stay away, far far away from the soda!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views