Ok, I'm a little concerned...

miminjoey
on 5/7/06 8:31 am - Fort Bragg, NC
Well I am not going to be much help either I feel the same way...the other day I actually sat in the floor and cried because I couldn't figure out what to eat. I live off of beans, chicken and beef jerky it seems. I ended up giving in and ate what my family did...chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, corn and biscuit and gravy...granted it was a tiny amount because I can only take in 2 oz ....but I took like 1 bite of every thing and an hour later I was hungry a complete wasted meal. I am sure this will get easier as we go and we'll al get there together. mimi
Carolyn W.
on 5/7/06 10:32 pm - Edmonton, Canada
Ok - I'm from the April Board but I came here looking for some possible answers for a few issues I have myself. I'll be 3 weeks out on Tues but my doctors only have their patients on liquids for 2 weeks than they go straight to regular solids after. There are a few restrictions but not many so basically we can try what we want - take it easy and not go crazy. My postions are small but I've had the staple of eggs, tuna, etc but have also had chicken and pork (both really moist and tender). I had mushroom gravy with the pork which made it more palatable as you chew, chew, chew. Toast, crackers, cheeze, immitation crab and last night I even tried a ham sandwich with non-toasted bread. I chewed it to mush and it didn't get stuck. Salsa, sour cream, mashed potato, steamed carrots, SF/LF ice cream, teddy graham cookes with peanut butter for protein. The only thing that seems to botherme right now may be fat - this morning I fried my egg with a little butter rather than pam and after I got hot and sweaty for a while. - that's the closest I've come to dumping. I'm actually scared that right now I may be able to eat anything I want......That scares me cause I don't want to go back to my old ways. I actually had the RNY surgery over the lap band cause I prayed for dumping. Well all I can say for all of you that are experiencing food boredom due to diet restrictions is do what your doctor says but don't be afraid to experiment a liitle - others are doing it and we're not dying. Just remember to chew and only have a little to try it out first. Boredom will really get your head. I'm bored already and I've had a lot more than you. I actually woke up in a panic this morning cause I dreamed I was eating chocolate cake and drinking diet coke. In my dream when I drank the coke I think it hit my subconcious and I woke up going what the heck are you doing - you can't have that you're going to be sick and my tummy actually did hurt. I then realized it was a dream and tried to go back to sleep but couldn't had to get up for some water. Take care and slowly try new things. Carolyn
jomamma
on 5/8/06 11:22 am - Palmdale, CA
My advice.....TRY CHICKEN!! I also read about so many people who could no longer tolerate chicken. Well I panicked cuz before surgery that is all I ate and i just could not imagine life without chicken. Well, I had NO problem and eat it everyday, it taste so good to me so you MUST try it and I bet it will be ok!! Makes going out to eat easier also. I totally know what you mean, Im getting tired of the same things also!! But now we can eat most anything so be a bit braver and try it all!! Good luck
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views