What vitamins do you take?

jennb40
on 5/6/06 11:27 pm - Nashua, NH
So I am just wondering how many different types and frequencies of vitamins we are all taking daily!!! We all have such different rules to follow by our surgeons and I was just curious about vitamins!!!! Mine are: 2 Citracal Creamy Bites (I like the caramel) 1 Petite Citracal Calcium Citrate (I'd rather take the creamy bites than swallow 3 of these a day!! Total: 1,400 MG per day with Vit D - Nutritionist said to get at least 1200 mg per day. 1 B-complex Vitamin daily (shoo...don't they STINK!) 1 Centrum multi vitamin daily I take 1 Vitamin E (400 I.U.) - 1 per day - hoping that might help the skin - however this was OK'd by by my nutritionist but not required by them Vitamin B-23 Sublingual once a week Also my surgeon prescribed Pepcid 1 x a day for the first 3 months. I take everything in the morning except the calcium. Nutritionist said not to take the calcium at the same time as the multi vitamin because the cancel each other out. So I take the calcium chews when I eat breakfast and lunch and then sometime during the day take the calcium petite. Barbara
ScubaQueen
on 5/7/06 1:46 am - Corinth, TX
I take VistaVitamins Wellness-Plus Chewables. It requires 5 tablets per day. I am supposed to take extra calcium each day too, but haven't yet. The VistaVitamins don't taste good, and it is hard to remember to get all five in. I hated them so much at first that I decided to eat all 5 at one time to just get it over with for the day. It made me dump for several hours. Yuck. So now I eat them spread out through the day as the instructions say. I bought a three month supply before the surgery, and they were pricey, so I will finish them off. I can't wait to be done with chewables.
Tina K
on 5/7/06 1:59 am - Central, NY
This is a weak point for me. I'm curious as to what my blood work is going to look like next month. I take Walmart brand of a one a day multi vitamin - but I take two a day. And, um, that's pretty much it. I know I need to get my calcium in but I can't stand the Citracal. In fact I can't stand having to chew ANY sort of suppliment. Anyone have a suggestion for a calcium pill that's good? Tina http://www.wls.tinakulesa.com 315/268/140
jennb40
on 5/7/06 5:16 am - Nashua, NH
Citracal has the petite pills (calcium citrate which is what we are to take) and you have to have 3 a day to get the 1200 MG in. You can buy them at Walmart...much easier swallowing those that those hugh HORSE pills some calcium comes in!!!! If you haven't tried the Citracal Creamy chews - they really aren't bad - come in caramel, 2 chocolate flavors and lemon. They are 35 calories each...so I take the 2, but try to swallow the petite citracal for the other MG of calcium. Good luck!
BabyRuth2u
on 5/7/06 2:22 am - Pittsburgh, PA
My med/vitamin list: Morn: Zantac & Actigall for 6 months Multi B-12 sublingual Magnesium Biotin Citracal Calcium Chew-CHOCOLATE fudge! Mid Morn: Iron Vitamin C Dinner time: Zantac & Actigall Multi B-12 Citracal Calcium Chew -CHOCOLATE fudge! Eve: Some days I miss the even dose here. I take them as an extra, so if I do, I don't worry about it. Iron C I also have Upcal-D powder packets. I do one of those too on some days for extra calcium. I think that's it! LOL
Mary M.
on 5/7/06 2:35 am - Livonia, MI
Great thread! I take the bariatric advantage multivitamin and calcium. They have an automatic refill program that sends you a 3 month supply every 3 months for 36.95. (for the multi vitamin) This program has free shipping. I find this price very reasonable. Much cheaper then my pre op GNC vitamins I have taken for years. The calcium is a dissolving tablet that tastes like cinnamon altoids. They also have a capsule. This is the link: www.bariatricadvantage.com Have a great Sunday- Mary
Melissa P.
on 5/7/06 3:44 am - Aurora, IL
2 flinstone vitamins a day 2 citracal calcum tabs 1 b-12 a week
jennb40
on 5/7/06 5:17 am - Nashua, NH
OOPS - I mean Vitamin B-12 sublingual...not B-23...B-23 sounds like an airplane!!!!
timsdanni
on 5/7/06 5:45 am - Ft Stewart, GA
I take 1prenatal vitemin a day 2 actigall (b/c I still have my galblader) about everyother day I take a 2 T dose of liquid calcuim/mag - not my fav but I paid for it at the healthfood store and am looking for others - will hunt up the petite chewibles people were talking about 1 a week D 1 a month b12 shot (by the sweet hubby who is medical and gives shots ) Danni who is happy to NOT be taking actose anymore since surgery
(deactivated member)
on 5/7/06 7:54 am - PA
I take OptiSource Bariatric chewable vitamins - 4 a day. Because they have everything in them, I don't have to take anything else - besides my prescriptions. I would probably never remember to take everything if I had to take it all separately! Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views