Frustrated!

Melissa P.
on 5/6/06 11:19 pm - Aurora, IL
I do the same thing when I eat too fast, or take one bit too many. I think I am starting to get the hang of it, but I am not there 100%. We just have to get used to it. Try to tell yourself to slow down. That is what I am doing. I put my fork down between bites, and even push my plate away.
Tina K
on 5/7/06 1:44 am - Central, NY
Thanks for the tip Melissa! Pushing the plate away. I do try to put my fork down but it only seems to work well when I'm eating something that just "ok" and not "really yummy"! LOL Tina http://www.wls.tinakulesa.com 315/268/140
timsdanni
on 5/6/06 11:19 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
here is what works for me b/c I FEEL your pain (two or three times a week I feel your pain b/c I am VERY thick headed ) fix my plate with my mesureed out food - 1 or 2 oz of meat/fi**** rice or whatever, 2 T veggies - then sit down with the family after prayer take one bite of each thing - (warn family " mom is not done just taking a break - do not eat my food nor feed it to the animals") pour everyones drinks get up to get things forgotten sit back down take one bite of each thing - divide what is left on my plate into 2 or 3 sections. eat one of those - get up check an email - sit back down eat section 2 slow as I can (NOT good at eat slow yet but I see some tiny signs of imporvment) get up get kids and hubby seconds, pet the cat or dog come back to the table am too full to finish so feed rest of my plate to hubby or child or dog Sounds crazy I know but I can not sit at the table and make my tiny plate of food last 30 mins but if I jump up and down or read email or read a book then I can "take a break" between bites or protions of plate of my food and not make myself sick my downfall is coming home from working out and being hungry - I KNOW how much I can eat but am crazy hungry regardless of protien shake before workout so I have to physically eat 1/4 to 1/3 of my food hand it to my husband and set the timer for 15 mins eat another portion and set the timer agian or I am and that is NO fun hope you find something that works for you Danni 372/319/170
lele2
on 5/7/06 9:55 am - Troutman, NC
I know EXCATLY what you mean. I am so right there with you with the same things happening. I get to where I don't want to eat or I will just eat a protein bar. I am sitting here so nauseated that I wish I would just throw up! All I can think of is, " this for the rest of my life, uh!!"
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views