All wrapped up in one post...

Sandra S.
on 5/6/06 5:08 am - Mountain Home, ID
My wow moments over the last few weeks: >Being able to wear a charm bracelet, with lots of room to spare, that I haven't been able to wear since buying from Avon over a year ago! >Being able to wear a pair of size 20W pants that I haven't worn in over 5 years! I can't believe I even still had them, I only found them out of desperation to find something to wear that wouldn't fall down around my ankles at work!! >Being able to insert a tampon without becoming a contortionist, and having it actually stay in to do it's job!!! >Being able to paint my toenails while sitting on the toilet....talk about killing two birds with one stone! LOL >Having room to spare in the pickup truck while sitting between my husband and son!! YAHOO!! I think I finally passed the initial stall after going back to Curves. According to my scale at home, I've been losing around a half to a full pound a day! I'm down 26 lbs since my surgery day on March 28. I haven't even measured myself to see how many inches I've lost. I'll find out on May 20th (my measuring day at Curves) and let you all know. At work, I take 32 oz of skim milk and try and drink at least 16 oz a day; I eat raw almonds, string cheese, yogurt for snacks and have a small wrap 'sandwich' with either cream cheese or provolone cheese and a slice of lean turkey breast meat and sometimes I put a few slices of avocado in it! YUMMY That's my favorite lunch so far. At home I have discovered Dreyers NSA fruit popsicles made with real fruit-for my treats and also Blue Bunny NSA ice creams!!! I'm in heaven! I have been eating pretty much what I want with no problems. I have only had two incidents of 'foamies' because of eating dense meat too fast. I've learned to "make like a train and chew, chew, chew!" That's my mantra when eating. hehe My vitamin intake has been good, taking a sublingual B12 every other day and my vits and minerals twice a day. Getting my daily 64 oz of fluid in is my only problem. I've been going to Curves at least 3 and sometimes 4 days a week and have actually gotten 2 other coworkers to sign up with me! I love Curves! It's a no-brainer and an excellent workout for me. Walking the dogs on the weekends is something I'm planning on adding for more exercise. My only regret...EATING OUT. When we go out to eat, I either order my own food and eat it for a WEEK or have to pick off my husbands or sons plates and neither like the same things I like! LOL Anyways, I'm enjoying the weight loss. I'm enjoying seeing my body 'morph' back into what it used to look like. And having people look at me and say out loud, "there's something different about you but I can't quite figure it out...." LOL I just smile and say, "Just wait, the best is yet to come!!" Love to you all!! Sandy
Rilabie_Chime
on 5/6/06 5:38 am - Littlerock, CA
Sounds like your doing very well. Isn't it nice to get back in some of our old, smaller clothes? Looks like your doing all the right things and it's working for you!! Congratulations
Beckers
on 5/6/06 9:44 am - Cottage Grove, OR
Sandra- Thank you for reminding me of all the positive effects of our surgery! This is a very exciting time for us! and yes, the best is yet to come!! Congrats! Rebecca
Tina K
on 5/6/06 10:08 am - Central, NY
What a wonderful post Sandy! And what a great list of wows! I can't wait to have some of those myself. Hugs, Tina http://www.wls.tinakulesa.com 315/268/140
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views