Meatza Pizza

Darlene X
on 5/5/06 11:46 pm - Maricopa, AZ
I don't have the exact recipe for this, Ive seen it around, but a few years ago I experimented and made my own... this is what I did. I browned 2lbs of hamburger (seasoned with a lil salt & pepper, oregano- could also use ground turkey if you wanted.), I put the cooked hamburger into a bowl and added a handful, maybe 1/2 C of grated mozzarella & 1 egg. I mixed that all up. On a medium sized pizza tray--- I poured the meat mixture onto the tray then used my hands to pu**** down pretty firm so it was spread evenly all over the tray. I then put it into the oven for about 20 mins @ 425F until the top was crispy golden and the meat had shrunk away from the sides a lil. I took the base out and let it cool for 5 minutes. I then spread pizza sauce over it, added pizza herbs, chopped onions, chopped green pepper, sliced mushrooms, sliced olives and a lil turkey sausage. I then added grated mozzarella & put back in the oven until the top was golden brown and the vegies were cooked. It sliced pretty well, it looked GREAT, and it sure smelt like pizza. It tasted really good and was very filling! You can use any toppings you want. Turkey pepperoni, tomato, spinach, chicken... whatever!
Sandra S.
on 5/6/06 5:11 am - Mountain Home, ID
OMG Darlene!!! That sounds WONDERFUL and something that my 'boys' would actually love!!! I'm going to try that one out. My son and husband, (the boys), are such carnivores I KNOW they would gobble it up! Thanks for all your great recipe ideas! I love them! Sandy
Tina K
on 5/6/06 10:10 am - Central, NY
That sounds wonderful Darleen! You are the recipe goddess! Tina http://www.wls.tinakulesa.com 315/268/140
Sandra S.
on 5/6/06 3:26 pm - Mountain Home, ID
I was right!! My carnivores gobbled it up! I made this pizza tonight and it was delicious, filling and very, very tasty! I love cheeses so I used some hard parmesan along with the mozzerella and some italian seasoned bread crumbs in the meat mixture along with some garlic. Very good, Darlene! We loved it! This will be one of our new favorites. Sandy
timsdanni
on 5/6/06 11:24 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
yum!!! gotta try that one next fri (our pizza night) Danni
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!