:-s I need some help

chozen V.
on 5/5/06 4:23 am - st louis, MO
I had my surgery March 29 and when i went back for my one week checkup i had lost 26 pounds and when i went for my one month i had only losy like 5 pounds,so i started out at 308 and now i'm only down to 290.1 i know i'm loosing inches because all my clothes are fitting me big i'm just not seeing the scale move so that means i haven't lost anything for almost 2 weeks,has anyone experienced this?
Gina S.
on 5/5/06 4:33 am - commack, NY
yuppers spent 2 weeks where i lost nothing, then over night i lost 3 lbs. I had surgery the same day as you soo it sounds like this was the time to stall and let our bodies play catch up. I find it easier to look at it this way, before surgery there is noo way I could have lost 5 lbs in a month so if my body wants to take its time, go ahead I know I will beat this. I feel wonderful and know it will only get better.good luck and think positive...the weight will come off...
chozen V.
on 5/5/06 4:49 am - st louis, MO
Thanks for the info and glad to know i'm not alone,what are you doing for protein?i'm having a hard time getting all my protein in,i'm still happy with my progress i know i would have never lost as much as is have this for.
Darlene X
on 5/5/06 4:55 am - Maricopa, AZ
I went through the infamous 3-5 weeks stall... didn't lose a single pound for over 2 weeks... Almost everyone goes through it... it's completely normal... Dont worry.
chozen V.
on 5/5/06 5:03 am - st louis, MO
Thankyou,for the info i can't wait to start loosing again.
RebekaA
on 5/5/06 8:45 am - Inland Empire, CA
Hi Kamilah, The same thing happened to me. Don't worry, I know it's frustrating but your body is just adjusting. I stalled for two very long weeks, just two weeks after surgery. But then I lost 6#'s the next week. Hang in there, just keep doing everything right and it'll pick up again. From everything I've read on the boards, this is pretty normal and it will no doubt happen again thruout our loss. On the positive side--you are off to a GREAT start! so keep it up
chozen V.
on 5/5/06 2:32 pm - st louis, MO
Thanks so much
Beckers
on 5/5/06 12:42 pm - Cottage Grove, OR
MARCH 29th people YAYAYAYAY Kamilah! Yeah, I know about the stalling, too... its frustrating, but we all get it. Like my friend Rebeka says, just keep doing everything right, and hang in there! They say losing slow is good, so I just try to be patient and tell myself that... *sigh*
chozen V.
on 5/5/06 2:44 pm - st louis, MO
So glad to know i'm not alone and yes we share the same birthday
Woodland
on 5/6/06 1:17 am - Vancouver, WA
I am experiencing the same thing - in the past 2 weeks I've lost about 2 lbs. and none in the last week! I continue to get about 50 g protein and at least 50 oz. liquid and I'm exercising so....I think it must be true about the "body catching up." In these same ten days, more people than ever have commented on my loss (30 before surgery and 23 since). Today I've decided to try the "Plateau Busters" strategy - 64 oz water, 45 g protein, vitamins (always), and 5 times daily - 3 oz. of protein (only). Then additionals can be SF popcicles, SF jello, crystal lite (clear liquid) along with 30 minutes exercise. In other words - protein and liquid only for a few days to see if I can pu**** along. So glad to know I'm not alone with this "problem."
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views