Hello! Intorducing myself.....

revcindyjh
on 5/5/06 1:18 am - Highland, CA
RNY on 03/13/06 with
Hi! My name is Cindy and I had Open RNY March 13, 2006. So far I am doing great! I really don't know how much weight total I have lost since it has been three weeks since I have been to the doctor -- it was 35 lbs then. But I am feeling good. Despite having pneumonia in the hospital (my four day stay turned into seven), I went back to work one month post op. My biggest complaint is that 1.5-2 hours after eating I am hungry again and beginning to feel weak, faint, and grumpy. The nurse at the dr's office says that my blood sugar is probably low and go ahead and have a little something. I am worried about losing since my doctor prescribes three meals a day, protein only -- but I just can't seem to do that. Beyond WLS, I am a pastor. I am a single mother to Cameron, who will be nine at the end of June (yikes! where sis the time go!). I love to quilt and take my dogs to the dog park. And I am glad to be here!
.~ Kimberlina ~.
on 5/5/06 1:35 am - Macomb, MI
HI THERE! I'm gald your doing ok. I had my RNY on March15th. And i get that way too. I always have a string chesse or a protein bar on me at all times. B/c When I get a little weak, I take a bite or two of my protein bar and then I am ok, and getting in all my protien at the same time. Talk with you soon GOD BLESS~ Kimberley
jannineh99
on 5/5/06 1:52 am - Melrose, MA
Hi Cindy...My name is Jannine and I had my Lap RNY on 3/06/2006 and I have been doing wonderful...I have lost a total of 69lbs...I would check with your surgeon to see if it would be ok to eat 6 small meals instead of just the 3 a day...that is what I have been doing....... you didnt say in your post but when you are eating the 3 meals how much protein are you eating in those meals? You must be a very busy woman taking care of a 9yr my keep you on the move all of the time...I have a 3yr old and 14 yr old...so I am losing the lbs now just trying to keep up with them...lol.... Like I said check with your surgeon...he may be able to adjust what you are eat by giving you the 6 smaller meals instead of 3...Keep me posted and welcome to the March Boards.... Good Luck and God Bless you Jannine 357/290
timsdanni
on 5/5/06 3:10 am - Ft Stewart, GA
Welcome Cindy we are bari sisters I had mine on 13 march too I eat 6-8 times a day b/c I work out all the time - I keep my calories about 1000 and protien over 100. I am a work out nut so I burn lots of calories - I often take a protien shake in the car with me on the way to the gym drink half work out and then drink the other half on the way home or my blood sugar drops and I get shaky and have come very close to passing out I would way call your doc or better yet the nutitioist he refered you to and talk to them about eating more often how much protien are you getting a day? what is their recomodation for your stage post op - each doc and each nut is differnt glad to have you here Danni 372/322/170
Rilabie_Chime
on 5/5/06 7:31 am - Littlerock, CA
Welcome to the Marchers 06 board. I am also on a 3 meal a day schedule, but my doc lets me have protien shakes in between, that helps out with the hunger and weak feeling. No protien shakes for you?
Beckers
on 5/5/06 12:34 pm - Cottage Grove, OR
Welcome to the Marchers, Cindy! Regarding the protein only, and feeling hungry too quickly, I have noticed the same thing with me... If I eat something carb, I'm starving within 2 hours. If I eat something protein, I feel no hunger... I might eat Cream of Wheat in the morning, and within 2 hours I'm soooo hungry! but if I eat eggs in the morning, then I feel no hunger I just accept it as it is. I guess I'm not very helpful LOL Rebecca 269/226/150
Sandra S.
on 5/6/06 5:22 am - Mountain Home, ID
You are absolutely right Rebecca! Protein stays with you longer, satiates you so you feel no hunger. Carbs are burned and turned into sugar so are used up faster by our bodies. That is how my nutritionist explained it to me; I'm a carb-fat making machine. The only carbs I eat now are complex carbohydrates-whole wheats and grains. These are much better and acceptable carbs. Our bodies need carbs so I feel going totally without them is not a good idea. Anyway, just my opinion. Sandy
Stephanie Smiles
on 5/7/06 10:53 am - My Town, NH
Hi Cindy. Welcome to the MARCHERS! We're so glad to have you. I agree with the rest of the crew regarding amount of protein. Are you consuming at least 60 grams of protein a day? Also, I often mistake hunger for thirst. The first thing I do when I feel hunger is drink at least 8 ounces of water or Crystal Light. They usually takes care of it for me. Thanks for introducing yourself and we hope to hear more from you soon! -Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views