Sugar Free Cake?

sparkles
on 5/4/06 7:54 am - North Richland Hills, TX
So I know people are going to kill me... Im throwing a baby shower for a WLS girlfriend. Is sugarfree cake ok? As long as we dont eat a bunch.... ???
jennb40
on 5/4/06 6:32 pm - Nashua, NH
So are you talking about sugar free cake for yourself or for your girlfriend? Can you eat it - sure - I guess if it doesn't make you sick. But then I think about...well I had this surgery to make myself smaller and healthier and if I get into sugar free this and sugar free that....am I just trying to find a way to get back to where I was before???? How long does it take before sugar replaces sugar free? Guess it is a hard question to answer, but for you so soon after surgery...if you start going that route so quickly...how do you think it will affect your long term success? I know for me sugar and sweets is what got me to the point I had this surgery and I feel like I have gone this far and made it through this surgery and I want to be a success. So perhaps sugar free cake once won't be your downfall, but sometimes I think this is about sacrifices we are making on this journey to become healthier and smaller....so maybe another choice would be better???? Has your girlfriend had the surgery or getting ready to have the surgery? Of course if you are having the shower for other people, there will be lots of things you will have to serve that you probably won't be able to eat...our society seems to be built around food! I guess you need to ask yourself if you really want to juice up your sweet tooth!!!! However, it is nice of you to do such a great thing so soon after your surgery...but you must be feeling really good which is great! Trust me when I say my comments are not meant to be judgemental, just a few of my own thoughts!!! We all have to make tough decisions and choices as we go down this journey! Good luck on whatever choice you make!!!! Barbara
timsdanni
on 5/4/06 9:46 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
I was thinking how about skipping the cake and just doing finger foods that are healthyer - pg moms really don't need cake LOL do a beautiful flower center peice instead or do like my sil - she had flowers made for me from baby socks and stuff - you could do a diaper cake and then she has something useful instead of cake she (or the rest of us honestly) don't need if you like I can find the directions for a diaper cake for you - you roll cloth diapers and pins into a "cake" and then decorate it with baby stuff - they are toooooo cute girl! and then you have stuff that is usable. for me personally I am wringing the neck of the first person that makes me a cake for a birthday or shower after my surgery - I went though HELL and back for this wieght loss and would feel so betrayed by that esp. if it was someone who KNEW I has surgery. we are military so move often and there will be people in my future who never knew me fat and missed out on my surgery so they are excused but if you know you had better NOT!! ok that was not aimed at you lovingly trying to tend your friend and throw her shower just a the tought of my tiny mil or sil throwign my next baby shower and having cake and fried foods like the last one. take this as food for thought and then do as you think is best it will be great I am sure hugs and please don't take this wrong - I hate to upset people Danni
sparkles
on 5/5/06 12:11 am - North Richland Hills, TX
Well, unfortuately this is a very unconventional baby shower... We have to have it with our FL M&G and it will be in a mall food court... I'm not offering any other foods... people usually just go grab something from the food court.... Thanks for everyone's responses..
Lauren003
on 5/5/06 12:41 am - , NC
I'd talk to her first and she if she wants a cake. If she does, maybe have an angel food cake made with sugar substitute. It's mostly egg whites and the lesser of the evils as I see it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views