Food Questions....

CherieG
on 5/4/06 7:02 am - Collingdale, PA
Hi Everyone, I am just starting to eat regular foods as of yesterday. I have a few questions. I have heard soy crisps mentioned a few times and was wondering if there is a particular brand or brands that everyone likes. Also, I know that I can start eating lunchmeat but am not sure of what brands are good for us. I thought maybe Healthy Choice, but don't know of any others or deli cheeses that are low in fat, sodium, etc. Also, any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Up until this point, I have basically had a list of what to eat. Now I'm on my own and could use some help. Thanks everyone. Cherie
Darlene X
on 5/4/06 7:38 am - Maricopa, AZ
I buy GeniSoy Soy crisps... but Ive seen some other brands, never tried them though....
CherieG
on 5/4/06 8:19 am - Collingdale, PA
Thanks, I'll have to look for them next time I shop. Cherie
timsdanni
on 5/4/06 9:21 am - Ft Stewart, GA
check the fat/protien/calories on the healthy choice before you buy them - I seem to remember that other brands were just as helthy but cheaper. and look at the PORTION SIZE not b/c you will eat a whole potion but b/c there portions will be 3 slices or half an ounce and the other brands will be 6 slices or one ounce type of thing laughing cow cheese is good - a lot of people on here get the spreadible ones I love the wax wrapped ones. beef jerky (80 calories 14 grams of protien for one ounce) is good take along food so are cheese sticks (get the low fat ones - 60 calories 7 grams of protien) I posted a new type (to me) of tortillas I found at the store (50 cals 5 grams of protien) read tons of lables is the best advise. and try thing carefully - take a small bite and chew it really well and swollow and wait a few to see how it does. don't be afraid to spit food out into a napkin - much much better than you ing all day good luck Danni 372/322/170
CherieG
on 5/5/06 8:53 am - Collingdale, PA
Thanks for all the info. I have had the Laughing Cow squares of swiss cheese before surgery, I'll have to look for the spreadable ones. I will definately keep that napkin thing in mind!! Thanks Cherie
(deactivated member)
on 5/4/06 10:22 am - AZ
I love all of the South Beach Diet frozen meals - from breakfast wraps to dinners. For deli meats I usually stay away from anything that is honey roasted because it has added sugar and I have the deli slice my meat super thin. I eat a lot of the wax wrapepd Light Babybel Laughing Cow cheese as well as string cheese. Eat slowly and chew, chew, chew! Enjoy! Elizabeth
CherieG
on 5/5/06 8:55 am - Collingdale, PA
Thanks. I'm going to give the South Beach Diet meals a try. I just ordered some chicken wraps with my grocery order. Thanks, Cherie
jamey0509
on 5/4/06 11:04 am - Charlotte, NC
I found the sea salt flavored Genisoy soy chips at Walmart with the rice cakes one night and love them. One bag contains 3.5 servings, one serving has 110 calories and I believe 13 gms of protein...and the sodium is good at 270 mgs. I divide the bag into the 3.5 servings in zip loc bags and take one for lunch every day. They were only $2 per bag here.
CherieG
on 5/5/06 8:58 am - Collingdale, PA
Sounds like I need a trip to Walmart. Thanks for the info. Cherie
Stephanie Smiles
on 5/4/06 3:27 pm - My Town, NH
Hi Cherie. I purchase lunchmeat from the deli quite often. Thin 'N Trim products are tasty and also low in fat, etc. I'll eat turkey, ham and roast beef. I just stay away from anything with honey or sugar (such as maple or brown sugar). Good luck! - Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views