Feeling Dizzy? Anyone?

Katie M.
on 4/21/06 2:19 am - East Petersburg, PA
I have been feeling dizzy quite often, especially in the evenings. I am on top of my water intake and protein. (still mostly CIB shakes, though, I've enjoyed Darlene's "what did you eat today" posts, but can't seem to keep down as much as most people. slimy foamies! ) Am taking multi-vit, calcium and subling. B-12 as I should. What's going on? Do I just need to eat more? Anyone else experiencing this? I 've been back to work now for two weeks (4 days/week) and am finding it challenging to cope with packing food for myself, getting kids ready, housework, new puppy, maybe just need more rest?! Would love to hear others input on this. Sipping, sipping, Sipping... Katie
Darlene X
on 4/21/06 2:28 am - Maricopa, AZ
How much water/liquids total a day are you taking in? Dizziness is often a sign of dehydration. Also lows and high's in blood sugar can cause dizziness... are you doing your 3 meals and snacks... spreading them out evenly during the day? If you go for long periods of time without eating something your blood sugar can go up and down, which isn't good and can cause these symptoms.
Katie M.
on 4/21/06 2:39 am - East Petersburg, PA
I'm getting in 80-90 oz water a day, but I think you may have a point with the blood sugar thing. Because I'm running around all day, I tend to wait to eat, and then when I do eat, I eat too quickly and ! I am trying the soy crisps and laughing cow today for lunch. I will eat very slowly and hope it stays down. Thanks for your thoughts. Katie
(deactivated member)
on 4/21/06 5:45 am - Baltimore, MD
I went to the Dr. just yesterday for dizziness which I thought was due to a reaction from an antibiotic but she said it was a case of Vertigo brought on by allergies and inner-ear issues. Yep, she said I was feeling very dizzy all week not b/c of the medication or anything related to surgery (I'm 3 weeks out today) but b/c it has been incredibly dry and the allergens are everywhere. She prescribed and antihistamine and told me to shut my windows in the house and car for at least a week. So I started taking the medication and low and behold, the dizziness is getting much better! So if you have allergies keep this in mind. She said all of her patients are really suffering right now since it's so dry. Not sure where you're at but I'm in Baltimore and we need some rain!! She did tell me dehydration and low blood pressure can play a part as well but it looks like you are getting in plenty of fluid so that isn't it. By the way, how are you getting in so much to drink? How far are you out? I used to be a 80 oz and above kinda girl and I swear it is a struggle for me to get in 40+ oz a day! Please pass on any suggestions for that. Hope the dizziness subsides. And until it does be careful! Monica
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 748 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views