My mouth tastes NASTY!

alaskanbat
on 4/20/06 5:26 pm - Wasilla, AK
Ever since the surgery, my mouth has tasted nasty! It is so dry all the time... and I am constantly sipping water. I brush my teeth TONS now but it doesn't seem to help. I am afraid to talk to anybody close up! Anyone else have the same problem? Does it get better? Patti
Tisha C.
on 4/20/06 8:54 pm - Signal Hill, CA
Same here. My mouth reminds me of when I was on Atkins. Blech. As much as my dietician says "don't chew gum because it might get stuck" - I chew gum. It's either that or kill my co-workers with my breath. ~Tisha
Darlene X
on 4/20/06 10:46 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Your most likely in ketosis... not getting enough carb's... Do you eat beans much? I dont know what eating stage your in, but try adding beans, or good carb's and that should take care of the issue.
Tisha C.
on 4/20/06 11:49 pm - Signal Hill, CA
If I eat beans - I get another kind of stink. I'm not sure which is worse. lol
Darlene X
on 4/21/06 12:34 am - Maricopa, AZ
The breathe is worse!!!! You can't get away from that--- and always talking to people hehehe... at least you can hide somewhere and fart LOL
Tisha C.
on 4/21/06 12:38 am - Signal Hill, CA
My husband says to me the other day, "If I tell you something - will you be offended?" So, of course, I immediately became offended. He says, "Nevermind, I won't say anything." I told him he might as well come out with it. He says, "Is your bad breath because of the surgery/diet?" I felt bad....he hadn't wanted to say anything at all and then just couldn't take it anymore. I wasn't offended and we chuckled about it. Until he told me that the other day, when I offered him a piece of gum, he said he was thinking, "Oh thank god!" Lol
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/06 10:47 pm - PA
Its ketosis. I am having the same problem. My nutritionist said it was ok to chew sugar free gum or suck on sugar free hard candy as long as I didn't swallow it. I also brush my teeth and tongue and use tons of mouthwash whenever possible. Plus I sip lots of water. It has gotten much better. I think when our diets are a little less restricted, it will eventually go away. Kathy
Heather Kimmey
(Ward)

on 7/8/06 3:45 am - Harleysville, PA
Hi Chris, I just wanted to let you know that today is July 8th and I still haven't rec'd anything yet. Heather
ocutieobiggsie
on 4/21/06 7:12 am
I am still pre-op but was told it is ketosis and the cure is to drink unsweetened grape juice mixed with water to a 1:1 ratio and drink several ounces for a day or two but please check with your nutritionist or surgeon. I know my DH had surgery last year and I thought it was just him...I elected to not mention it and it did go away...but I would have loved to have known about the diluted grape juice for him then! Jennie
Beckers
on 4/21/06 10:07 am - Cottage Grove, OR
I'm struggling with the same issue, my own bad breath! I bought some Sugar-Free Jolly Ranchers, put one in my mouth, and within seconds I was NAUSEOUS and ready to spit it out!! I checked the nutritional info, it had 0 sugar grams, but 14 sugar alcohols... I guess that won't work for me... Rebecca M.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 748 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views