Calorie Questions

MsKeara
on 5/3/06 10:03 am - Baldwin, WI
As I mentioned before, by surgeon retired when I was 3 weeks post op. I've found a new group to follow me but I don't start with them until June 30th... 3 months post op. I haven't talked to a dietician since I was 3 days post op. I feel like I'm just sort of drifting out there. I have no idea how many calories I should be eating every day. Is there a "general rule" or am I just up that cree****il mid-summer? I've started working out with a trainer so I really want to make sure that I'm at least eating the baseline amount. Any thoughts? Thanks MsKeara
(deactivated member)
on 5/3/06 10:14 am - AZ
Hi MsKeara, My nutrionist says we should be working toward the following goals: 1000-1200 Calories (depending on age and activity level) 70-100 grams of Protein 100-130 grams of Carbohydrates 20-30 grams of Fat 64-120 oz of fluids I'm 8 weeks out and I'm getting around 1000 calories and meeting the other requirements, most days. I have a bad day here and there, but that is to be expected. Good luck! Elizabeth
Melissa P.
on 5/3/06 11:21 am - Aurora, IL
I talked to my nut as well. She said the exact same thing as yours.
Darlene X
on 5/3/06 11:41 am - Maricopa, AZ
WOW--- Thats pretty much exactly what my plan is aiming for..... When I mentioned a few weeks ago the amount of carb's, a few people posted that they thought that was far too high. Im glad there are other's out there whose plans are similar. My Nut did say that 1000-12000 calories is the ultimate goal...but would probably take about 3 months go to get there. Darlene
MsKeara
on 5/3/06 12:13 pm - Baldwin, WI
Thanks for the guidelines. I'm glad to see others have the same information. I will have to strive for that until I'm told otherwise. That is, if I'm told otherwise. Right now I'm not even close. I'm usually doing about 600 calories, 15 fat and 65 protein. I haven't been tracking carbs but I know my trainer wants me to do that. As far as the water goes, well... I do the best I can. I know I get at least 64 on the days that I train but not much more than that. I'm back to work full swing (48 hours one week/64 the next) and sometimes I just forget. I'm lucky to have caring co-workers that have also had a WLS that check in on me to help me remember. They know how I get sucked into my work... I digress... At any rate... thanks for the feedback. I don't know what I'd do without you all. MsKeara
Darlene X
on 5/3/06 1:24 pm - Maricopa, AZ
At this stage I'd say 600-800 calories is sufficent. It will naturally increase...
timsdanni
on 5/4/06 12:07 am - Ft Stewart, GA
I am finding that as I get into working out hard - kick boxing burns 1500+ cals in an hour - than I crave more food and I track carefully to make sure it is the food I NEED to fuel my body. my nut gives us calories and protien and water guildlines but not the others so it is nice to see them. working out hard - 1500-2000 cals burned a day (from exersize)- I am getting 100-110 grams of protien and right at 1000 calories. I have given myself that 1000 ceiling dispite the nut saying 1200 would be ok or I don't get in enough water drink while you are working out if you can - I have a nice thermose type bottle that I carry EVERYWHERE with me - church, store, outside to hang clothes, to work out, to walk, to drive I mean EVERYWHERE so I drink better that way you sound like you are doing great!!keep up the good work Danni
jamey0509
on 5/4/06 11:10 am - Charlotte, NC
I've also been wondering about cal's. My literature from the surgeon's office says 800 to 1000 beginning at 6 weeks, but my nut. said 600-700 is still okay...I just don''t see how I could get over 700 without snacking and I'm dead-set against starting to snack. I'm drinking a Isopure drink in the morning...I get about 250 calories for lunch and that leaves about 250-350 calories for dinner. I'm getting 60 to70 gms of protein and not too many carbs...no sugar and no refined carbs at all. I'm also getting 65 to 80 ounces of water...however I have plateaued this week...stayed at the same weight for 8 days...has anyone else done that yet?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views