6 weeks 2 days -60lbs (more)

Darlene X
on 5/2/06 11:32 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Dang, I figured weight would come off quickly, due to my age (24), young and reasonably good metabolism, and I dont have such a long history of up and down dieting as most ... I just didn't figure this fast. I was hoping for 50lbs by 2-3 months. I still can't see it.... I took some pictures last night, and looking at those I don't see it.... but the scale doesn't lie. Im still very very sick. I called out from work again (3 days in a row) I feel very guilty, but I just can't do it. Im gonna call at 8am on the dot and make a doctors appointment for this afternoon. Hopefully they can get me on some small anti-biotics, or liquid ones. EJ has a whole prescription of amoxocillin (sp?) at home, but they are too big for me to swallow. I know I have infection in my chest--- Ive sent Hubby for some vicks & cough medicine this morning to try get some temporary relief. Im trying very very hard not to get dehydrated, but I just can't drink.... Ive been getting in about 30oz of water--- and very little food. My tastebuds are gone, everything I eat is horrible... it's so hard to eat right now. I just want to feel well again. *whine whine* I hope everyone is doing better than me!!! Darlene 338/278/170
Rilabie_Chime
on 5/3/06 12:18 am - Littlerock, CA
So sorry your still feeling so horrible. I'm glad you've decided to go see the Doc, good idea, especially since you're post WLS, don't want to let anything get too far out of hand. I hope you feel better real soon. I know you feel guilty about work, but sometimes these things just can't be helped, you have to take care of yourself and going to work right now wouldn't be prudent, you made the right choice.
Lauren003
on 5/3/06 12:44 am - , NC
Oh Darlene, how cruddy. I'm thinking about you and please, try to take it easy. Just sleep, drink and pee and with some antibiotics you should feel better in no time. I looked at the pictures on your site of you and EJ and you both are doing GREAT!! I can totally tell that you're melting! What a great team you two make. Lauren
JenWilBeSkinE
on 5/3/06 3:27 am - Peculiar, MO
Being sick is the pits! Rest, and hydrate yourself. Try chicken soup, even chicken noodle soup strained might help. (Food and water too.) Don't feel guilty at all. Your sick. Sick people should stay home and get well, or everyone else gets sick too. You'll be your old self soon. Get well soon, Jen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views