Things I'm Afraid to Try....

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/06 9:54 am - Diamond Bar, CA
These are a few of the foods I'm afraid to try because they just seem a little harsh for my new pouch. Am I being paranoid? Can I get a feel on how you did with these foods? Italian dressing Lemon Tobasco Tomatos Green Olives Pickles Pineapple Dried Fruit and......Hummus
Melissa P.
on 5/2/06 9:58 am - Aurora, IL
I tried pineapple and dried fruit. They both were fine.
jomamma
on 5/2/06 10:03 am - Palmdale, CA
I had my surgery on March 2nd....Ive tried all except the tobasco and green olives. You can try anything, have a bit and see how it feels, if there is no problem then chow down!! I eat hummus and crackers ALL THE TIME. The only thing I have not had yet is salad and raw veges...but soon!!
(deactivated member)
on 5/2/06 2:15 pm - Diamond Bar, CA
Thanks ladies, I'll have to take it slow and experiment at home. I'm excited to eat hummus though. I've had celery with healthy peanutbutter (I de-string it), and I was able to eat a few pieces of lettuce and thin slices of carrot with tiny dabs of low fat ranch dressing from my grilled chicken salad. Good luck on those veggies!
Lisa M.
on 5/2/06 10:20 am - LaGrange, NC
I have lemon everyday in my water and tea and it actually soothes my stomach. You should definitely try that! Lisa
(deactivated member)
on 5/2/06 3:01 pm - Diamond Bar, CA
Thanks Lisa - A soothed stomach sounds great.
Darlene X
on 5/2/06 10:57 am - Maricopa, AZ
Italian dressing & Lemons-- are you kidding?? YUMMY, they shouldnt effect you at all. Tobasco--- Sooo good, the hotter the stuff the better, I eat my egg's with hotsauce, and your like 2 weeks further out than me. Tomatoes--- I have tried but didnt like, the skin got to me... so I really haven't been eating them. Green olives--- I dont eat them anyway, but black olives have been fine. Pickles--- All good Pineapple--- Ive had a little crushed, but Ive been afraid to try fresh pineapple, a little worried about the fructose. I want to try it at home first--- thats why I avoided it Friday night at our WLS Spring Fling. Dried Fruit-- Havent had Hummus--- OMG I have been living off that since pureeds--- so good, there is nothing in hummus that would harm you. The bottom line is... if you don't try it you won't know.... Dont be afraid.
(deactivated member)
on 5/2/06 12:14 pm - AZ
I've had everything except Pineapple and Dried fruit. No problems with any of them. I know within about a minute if something is going to disagree with my pouch, so when I try new things, I try a little bit and give it a minute or two. If all seems well I eat a little more. We're all different so they only way to know is to try something. Have fun! Elizabeth
timsdanni
on 5/2/06 12:18 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
I have tryed lemon, tomatoes, pickles and pineapple - all were good - some pickles have hard to chew up skins so I ended up spiting those out into a napkin but baby carrots are great!! I have like 12 tomatoes plants out and already have one tiny tiny green tomatoe showing up - I am dieing for them to all grow and turn red and let me eat them up. hoping tomatoes are high in fiber as that is something I am watching and that may become my veg of choice this summer Danni
JenWilBeSkinE
on 5/3/06 3:24 am - Peculiar, MO
Haven't had reg Italian dressing yet. But I did have low fat Italian and it was fine. And low fat ranch too. My doc says no citrus for 6 months so haven't done lemons, but don't care for them anyway. I've stayed away from tomatoes and tomato sauces. Boy I miss 'em. Might try them soon anyway. Black Olives are great! I put them in my refired beans and cheese. But haven't gone for green yet. But they looked really good in the grocery store last night. Hate tobasco so I'm not the one to get advice about that one. Scared to death of dried fruit and pineapple too. Have never tried hummus before WLS or after. I have a pretty restircted list it seems. I don't think I was ever on a pureed list like others here. Maybe the 2nd week out of surgery. beans, eggs, cottage cheese, string cheese and the like. Then it was on to meats and the 2nd month to cooked veggies but no corn, peas, lima beans, lettuce, or cabbage for 6 months. I stay away from potatoes too because that is my huge trigger food. And my fruits are supposed to be core and peeled or canned in water not juice and then drained. Good Luck with everything, Jen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views