A quick whinning session

jomamma
on 5/1/06 2:58 pm - Palmdale, CA
I know the most common post is about how fast or how slow we are losing our weight. At one point I truly felt that I would be the first person in the history of WLS to fail!! Also, when you read everyone's profile its just weigh too hard NOT to compare to others. In 6 weeks and 3 days I have only lost 20 pounds. THAT IS SLOW. The doctor agrees that I am losing at a slower pace but tried to convince me that I will loose it all. I do it all, even paying a ridiculous amount of money for a personal trainer twice a week!! I get so down sometimes but keep telling myself it will happen. So many people speak of losing soo much in one week....Im still waiting for that magic moment. I do keep positive its just hard at times!! Well, enough rambling!! Since surgery I have lost 32 llbs and before surgery I lost 25 (I was soooo shocked at what the scale said at my first consult with the surgeon on Jan 11th that I started a diet the next day) So in total Ive done well, but since surgery its been very slow. I am happy, It sounds like Im complaining but I REALLY AM HAPPY just panic sometimes that I will fail.
sparkles
on 5/1/06 8:55 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
Dearie.. you are doing great! You lost all your water weight before surgery! Some of us just did it afterwards! Don't worry so much and it will just fall off of you. I had a dream that I met one of my friends from school and I saw that she too, had had the surgery. I told her she looked fantastic, and I asked her when she had it.. she told me last week, and had already dropped 170 lbs. I tossed and turned all night after that. I know thats completely unrealistic and silly... but still!
jennb40
on 5/1/06 8:58 pm - Nashua, NH
You know JoAnn....it can be frustrating to think you made the decision to have this surgery, calculating all the risks....challenging yourself to finally make the decision to have it done.....reading all the success stories....thinking you are going to drop mega pounds the first month...and then RATS....it didn't quite go like that (as far as the weight goes). But you know it HAS to work....you just might be the one who loses slow at first, but then 6-8 months down the road when everybody has slowed down....you are on the fast track!!!! It almost seems like WLS people should not be allowed to have scales!!!! So it seems like those of us who have breezed through the surgery, are not having problems should just be thankful for the successes so far...which it sounds like you are. So instead of thinking I have ONLY lost 20 pounds...think that you have lost 80 sticks of butter!!!! Line up 80 sticks of butter and look at what you have lost. And concentrate on how gorgeous you are soon going to look - you are already very pretty and you will only improve on that and how healthy you are going to be! Good luck and come here to vent ANYTIME...we are here for you! Barbara
timsdanni
on 5/1/06 11:53 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
you are a couple of pounds up on me I have lost 50 - 12 pre surgery diet and 38 since surgery. and I was and am active I know yesterday we went on a camp out that turned into a day trip and we were in the car for ever and I started trying foods that I had packed for the kids - hmmm wonder if a chip will stay down - YEP 10 of those stupid caloried and fat laden things did. so now I am scared that the carb monster will get me so I got up and did kickboxing class to kick its butt and get back on track but I know that feeling of terror absulte terror that oh my gosh I will be the one in a hundred that this does not work for. but WE WILL DO GOOD! IT DOES GET BETTER! AND WE WILL REJOICE IN OUR LIMITATIONS! WE ARE LOSERS and we will keep being losers hugs Danni 372/322/170
Shana M.
on 5/2/06 4:06 am - KY
Keep positive! You are doing great. Just think that's 55 pounds that will never come back. I didn't really lose prior to surgery, so all my weight came off real fast in the beginning. You did really well in losing before surgery!! You've lost more than me already!! SLM
cathelewis
on 5/2/06 9:08 am
You're doing great! You're 8 weeks out and have lost 32 lbs. That's 4 lbs a week, which is about what I'm averaging. When did we ever lose 4 lbs a week on a diet before surgery? I also lost weight before surgery...39 lbs for me. I think that also accounts for the slower initial weight loss. Our bodies are going to lose weight at their own pace, but as long as we keep exercising and practicing good eating habits, we will succeed. Take care, Cathe
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views