Our new anatomy, RNY questions

Rilabie_Chime
on 5/1/06 11:32 am - Littlerock, CA
I'm not sure about the internal changes our anatomy have gone through. Is our pouch seperate from the rest of our stomach or is the pouch stapled completely off with a portion of our small intestine re-routed? The illustrations in my Dr.s written material is not clear on this to me. I've heard (seen) more than one person mention laying on their side to aid if feeling yuck, is laying on one particular side better than the other? Is it possible for food/liquid/air to get into the bypassed part of the intestine? Sometimes my insides feel a little weird, it doesn't hurt or anything, just feels weird. Ingrid
Valerie J.
on 5/1/06 1:47 pm - Casper, WY
Ingrid, http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/information/wlsjourney/surgery+types.php This will give you the picture so you can what they did. The nurses told me I'd be more comfortable laying on my right side but I am more comfy on my left side. I know what you mean about your insides feeling wierd. Mine also seem to grumble and make more noises than ever before. As far as food, liquid, and air getting into the bypassed intestine you'd have to ask your Doc. I really don't know why it would. Valerie
Sondra J. S.
on 5/2/06 7:13 am - Show Low, AZ
Hi, as for the eating part I was told to sit straight up, no slouching, no laying on either side back, etc....lol, but my Doc is a little anal about a lot of things, lol....Hope this helps in any way. Thanks for the link Valarie!! Sondra, 315/266/150
Rilabie_Chime
on 5/2/06 1:26 pm - Littlerock, CA
Thanks for the link, I still have a few questions though, I have my 6 week check up next Tuesday, I will ask the Doc and post his answers here in case anyone else is interested. I do find it's easier to eat and drink while standing, or at least standing up right after I've eaten, things just seem to move around better when I'm not sitting.
Nadine O.
on 5/2/06 11:48 pm - Baltimore, MD
Eating position is probably an individual thing. The only time I absolutly need to stand up when eating is when I've eaten to fast. Everyone is different. I have a friend who told me she was in the gym working out 1 1/2 after her surgery. Not me. Your body is still adjusting so it's gonna feel weird. As far as sleeping. I could sleep on either side. sleepnig on back gives me a headache and I could not sleep on my stomach for about 6 weeks. It was to uncomfortable. Another friend I know told me she sleep in a recliner chair for over 6 weeks after having her surgery. Hope this helps. Nadine O.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views