dumping/food getting stuck

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/06 11:01 pm - Remington, VA
HI all, I am posting for the first time on the March board....I think! I also think they gave me a lobotomy during my RNY and forgot to put something back in....haha. I normally post on the VA board but come over here every so often and lurk and reply sometimes. Anyway! I was wondering who does get dumping and food getting stuck and who doesn't. I don't and am kind of baffled by it. I'm doing really well as far as toleration goes too. I don't want to sound like I am complaining but when I first started researching RNY I also was lucky enough to have two real-life examples, my mom and a close friend of mine. They both still experience these problems when they eat too fast, too much, too sugary, too fatty, or whatever. So I took it for granted that I would too. I know alot of people like having the problems as it holds them accountable for their actions. If you dump off sugar you're not going to want to eat sugar, etc. I talked to my mom last night and she just said I'll have to be a little more diligent! Well yeah, thanks mom! I have lost 31 lbs, down to 234 from 265. I'm happy with that. I feel great....awesome even and I can't even imagine how good it will feel to reach some of my goals, getting below 200, losing 100 lbs, etc. ! I love that I had the surgery, just a little baffled! Any comments appreciated! Kirsten
JenWilBeSkinE
on 5/3/06 2:55 am - Peculiar, MO
Hi Kristen glad you're here BTW. I have only dumped once really. I had regular Mayo in my tuna salad. Made me have diarrehea, feel weak, and I needed to lay down for a while. (About an hour. I was exhausted.) And My heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest. That was my only true dumping session. I have stayed away from real Mayo since then and have been fine. There have been a couple of times when I tried something different and new and felt a little quesy but it passed quickly. I was at a restraunt out of town last weekend and thought I'd try black beans and the insides of a chicken tamale. In just a little bit I felt really weird. I thought something might want to come back up. (I think I ate a little too fast maybe.) I went to the bathroom and hung out in the stall for a while just standing and breathing deeply. the feeling passed in a couple of minutes and I was fine. I ate just a little bit when I came back but I was pretty much done by then. I think it could hae been eating too fast (I'm usually slow with it) or maybe the black beans didn't go well. I had more of the chicken tamale later and I was fine. I have not thrown up yet, and I can tolerate just about everything I try. We are all so different that I just so go with what works for you. Realize what a big descision this whole thing was and what a big process it is and then make the best decsions for you and your body. You'll be fine. Just think of all the freedom you have with food and all the freedom you have to finally make great choices! Jen
MsKeara
on 5/3/06 9:20 am - Baldwin, WI
Hi Kristen, I dump and vomit. I dumped when I had regular juice instead of the Healthy Choice, low sugar, cut with water stuff I normally have. My mom gave me the wrong stuff by accident. I was dizzy and disoriented. I was all sweaty and generally felt like crap. Once that stopped, on came the poops. It was terrible and I don't plan on having it happen again. Not if I can help it. As far as vomiting goes, yes... been there and done that too. Once I ate too fast and another time when I ate too much and once again when I didn't chew well enough. I think that just about covers it! I've learned all the lessons the hard way... but I've learned them well. MsKeara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views