recipe for quiche

~ Stylz ~
on 4/29/06 1:25 pm - North of Boston, MA
I know everyone loves a good recipe (including myself ) If you like spinach and quiche, you'll love this! I've been making this for years, made some now being post op and froze it by the slice since I wont be able to eat an entire pie before it goes bad.. the thing i like about this quiche is the cheese at the bottom of the dish makes a crust (plus its extra protein and we need all the protein we can get right? ) spinach muenster quiche 8 ounces Muenster cheese (lowfat), sliced (you could use any type of cheese I usually stick to muenster, but have low fat mozzarella before) 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained 2 eggs 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (low fat) salt and pepper to taste garlic powder to taste 4 ounces Muenster cheese (lowfat), sliced (again, you could use any type of cheese I usually stick to muenster, but have low fat mozzarella before) Preheat oven to 350F. Line a quiche dish or 9 inch pie pan with the 8 ounces of Muenster cheese slices. Carefully press all of the water out of the spinach and place it in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder; stir well. Spoon mixture into pan and top with remaining cheese slices. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes and allow to sit on a baking rack for 10 minutes before serving. Decrease oven temperature by 25 degrees F if using glass pie dish. If you like sundried tomatoes (not in oil) they're a good add to this as well! Quiche makes 8 slices and has 17.4 gr of protein in a slice
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views