Regrets/Unsure - Scared

kdski90
on 4/26/06 7:09 am - Green Cove Springs, FL
Hello everyone, I'm new to the board even though I've been lurking around for a few months reading about WLS and the life-after. I was so excited about starting my new life and getting rid of this weight that I've been carrying around for so many years up to the day of my surgery (March 1st) and even a couple of days after. I knew my life would change and what I could and couldn't eat anymore would change - the thing is I've always been a very, very picky eater (mainly meat/potatoes). I mean I can count on my two hands, just about, what foods I like. The first couple of weeks after surgery I was able to do the protein shakes - I can't handle them now, the taste, thickness - yuck. I'm trying to find new ways of getting in my protein but has not been easy. I feel I'm not losing fast enough. I'm down only 38 pounds. I try to walk most evenings for excerise, but after being at work for 9 hours and with a 1 1/2 hour commute to and from work - I'm exhausted. I have Restless Legs and Fibromyalgia and just feel like I'm not making any progress in the energy department. Wow - what a way to introduce myself. I'm sorry. But hopefully there is someone out there that understands. I'm constantly thinking 'did I do the right thing by having this surgery done?" There's so much more going through my mind, but I can't pour it all out. Still nervous, Kristin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views