Chicken recipes.

Darlene X
on 4/26/06 4:36 am - Maricopa, AZ
Melissa requested some chicken recipes, so that will be the recipe topic of the day LOL. Cooking anything in the crock pot is a good way to keep chicken very moist and tender--- I know lots of post-op's have issues with chicken. I'll save some crock pot recipes for another day... so here are some yummy Chicken ideas: ------------------------------------------------ Roasted Red Pepper Chicken 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, cut into small pieces 1 cup low-fat sour cream 1/2 cup low-fat feta cheese, crumbled Directions: 1. Preheat oven to 350. 2. Mix feta and peppers together in a bowl. With a very sharp knife, cut pockets into the thickest part of the breast of chicken. Stuff as many pieces of roasted red peppers mix as you can into pockets of chicken one at a time. Secure open side with toothpicks. 3. Place in baking pan and cook at 350 for 30 minutes, or until juices run clear. 4. While cooking the chicken, in an electric blender blend sour cream and a few pieces of red peppers. 5. Cut the chicken in half and arrange the pieces on a plate. Drizzle with sour cream mixture and sprinkle with feta cheese. * Spinach and /or pine nuts can be added to the filling for a nice variation -------------------------------------------------------- President's Chicken Sauce: 1/4 cup regular smart balance juice of 1 lemon (larger the better!) 1 garlic clove, pressed 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp paprika 1/2 tsp dried oregano 1/4 tsp garlic powder 1/4 tsp onion powder 1/4 tsp pepper 4-6 boneless chicken breasts Preheat oven to 400. Melt butter in microwave. Add remaining sauce ingredients and stir well. Place chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish; pour sauce over the chicken. Bake for 21 minutes, flipping chicken every 7 minutes, then broil for 5 minutes or 'till done. Note: when you're baking it, pay attention to how well it's cooking. If you use little skinny chicken breasts or tenders, it will take less time. In fact, tenders take just about 20 minutes at 350 to bake (maybe less.) If you are using these, 400F for 26 minutes (including the broiling) would be well overdone. I generally bake regular chicken breast for 30 minutes at 350 and then check for doneness. This recipe counts on the oil to sear the outside to keep it moist. ------------------------------------------------------------- Easy Parmesan Garlic Chicken 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese 1 envelope Italian Salad Dressing Mix 1/2 tsp. garlic powder 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 lb.) PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Mix cheese, salad dressing mix and garlic powder. MOISTEN chicken with water; coat with cheese mixture. Place in shallow baking dish. BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through --------------------------------------------------- Stuffed Chicken 4 chicken breasts 1 box frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained) 2 cloves garlic, minced 1/2-cup low fat mayo 1/2 cup low fat feta 4 strips turkey bacon Cut a pocket in four chicken breasts. Mix together the spinach, garlic, mayo and feta. Stuff chicken with mixture and place in shallow baking dish. Place a slice of turkey bacon on each piece of chicken and bake @375 for one hour. -------------------------------------------------------- Pizza Chicken Ingredients: Chicken breasts Your favorite pizza sauce Mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Your favorite pizza toppings I slightly pound chicken breasts (between sheets of plastic wrap) just to flatten them a little. Season with lemon pepper, a little garlic and a pinch of kosher salt. Cook them med-high heat in a little EVOO. (Be sure not to move them until they are seared on the bottom side or they will stick and want to break up. That is unless you are using a non-stick pan.) Heat oven to 350 while cooking. Once cooked on both sides, place them on a foil covered baking sheet. (Lightly spray the foil with cooking spray). Top them with your favorite spaghetti sauce, mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, onions, green pepper, whatever you would put on pizza. I then set the oven to broil and place the pizza chickens center rack and watch them closely. I like the upper heat of the broiler as it melts the cheese faster and gets it to brown slightly. Once cheese is hot and bubbly they are ready to serve. Looks pretty with a sprinkle of parsley or a few chopped chives on top
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views