Depression

Rilabie_Chime
on 4/24/06 12:36 pm - Littlerock, CA
Ok, I've figuered out that part of my problem with the extreme emotions has been depression. Although I know we can suffer depression post op, I do have a history of it and think the fact that I was not allowed to crush some of my meds has kept me from taking them for the last 4 weeks. Well last night I suffered such a horrible anxiety attack I could not sleep, my right sholder hurt me soooo badly. I took the right steps though, tomorrow I am seeing my Dr. to see if there is a non-extended release formula of my one drug and I experimented with chopping up the other in smaller pieces and it stayed down very well. My psych also had an opening in the morning which worked out very well as it is only an hour after my other Dr. and it's not too far down the road. As an added bonus she specialized in eating disorders although that is not what I was seeing her for. Hopefully I will nip this in the bud and possibly even be able to keep from suffering this a little latter down the line as is usual for some of us WLSers. Then as depression hates action, I am going to sign up for the 24 hour fitness right by my work which has a pool and sauna. I'm going to take my best friend/personal trainer with me for moral support and kicks in the butt whenever either of it need it. Please keep me in your thoughts, this depression thing can be a bear. I wouldn't wi**** on an enemy. Ingrid
sparkles
on 4/24/06 12:48 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
Ingrid, My thoughts go out to you girly! I dealed with some strong emotional issues the first few weeks out.. I cried every day... and everyone was afraid to eat in front of me. Now, I'm about a month post op, and things are starting to look up. Hopefully they'll find something you can take with your WLS. Amy
goldloxx
on 4/24/06 1:03 pm - Glendale, CA
I've been medicated for depression since I was 23 (I'm 48 now). I have checked into depression meds - maybe this info will be helpful. Many depression meds come in liquid form (including Zoloft). Wellbutrin - I had to crush. Lamictal comes in chewable. So, whatever you take see if it comes in liquid. I checked on drugstore.com and found some of them. I hope this helps. Your psychiatrist will help. I suffer from depression and do not want to get into a bad state. So, I identify so much with you. And I am proud of your taking action! You are inspiring me to do the same!
Beckers
on 4/24/06 1:44 pm - Cottage Grove, OR
Ingrid- I'm so sorry you've been hurting... It sounds like you are taking control of it, though, and doing all the right things. JOURNAL, too!! Journal all of your thoughts, DAILY!! If you want to ramble on to us, be our guest Use this forum to share your feelings, because many of us are feeling the same way at times... I have been "down" this first month out of surgery, too, because food was my comfort, and now I am forced to find comfort in other positive things in my life. I wanted this change. I asked for this change. But, sheesh, this change is DIFFICULT *hugs you* Stay strong, journal your feelings, and yes, working out will raise those endorphins quickly!!!
jennb40
on 4/24/06 9:57 pm - Nashua, NH
Ingrid, good luck at your appointments...hopefully they will have something that can help you. Please know we are here for you too...post whenever you want and be sure and let us know how you are doing. Best of luck to you....Barbara
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/25/06 1:56 am - My Town, NH
Ingrid, I have struggled with feeling a bit depressed since surgery as well. I'm very proud of you for taking these action steps to help yourself. Depression can be so debillitating and isolating. But do know that you aren't alone. We are all going through similar experiences and changes. Some days I feel like I'm changing very quickly. And other days I feel like nothing has changed and dropping this weight doesn't make a bit of difference in my life. Those days are the worst! Sending you big hugs, Stephanie
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/25/06 8:55 am - Littlerock, CA
Thank you so much to all of you for your support and empathy. Good news the Dr. researched (he's so great) and found my previous med Effexor does come in a non control release form, he then personally called the pharmacists, and explained why he wanted that one specifically. I also did sign up with 24 hour fitness and worked up a good sweat, I went prepared and worked out right after I signed up. I also spent a little extra and got the one that's good at all of the clubs, so when I visit my daughter or on Saturdays when I'm not near work I can go to the nearer facility. I'm still crying at the drop of a hat, but I feel a little better just having taken the actions. Again, thanks for your support and kind words and ideas. Ingrid
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views