My first cold spell...

Darlene X
on 4/24/06 2:07 am - Maricopa, AZ
You might hear that a lot of post-op's are freezing all the time. My Hubby is always cold. Here is an article that explains why (Looks like you'll have to copy and paste it into a browser): http://www.ezinearticles.com/?Im-Freezing!-Why-Gastric-Bypass-Causes-Patients-to-be-Cold&id=34757 *** Anyway... I haven't yet had too many issues, BUT Saturday night I had my first experience with it. It was lateish, around 10am, we had been out playing pool... I need to go to the grocery store, so stopped in... I walked in and was freezing, like out in the snow freezing... I thought maybe if I got away from the vegetable/deli sections where it was colder I'd feel better--- nope, I walked around for about 15-20 minutes shaking, my hands so cold I wanted to cry.... Im normally always too hot, so this is a new experience for me. Darlene
(deactivated member)
on 4/24/06 3:18 am - AZ
I've been cold since about 1 week post-op. I was sweating in the hospital and the first week and then it was like a switch was flipped and all of a sudden I was cold. I'm not cold all the time, but the only time I have been warm since that first week is when I'm doing cardio at the gym. Darlene, I thought I was going to freeze to death when I was in the grocery store on Saturday. I could have used a down parka! What is it with grocery stores?!? When I got to the car I turned the heat on full blast and continued shivering on my drive home. Oh well...I'd rather be cold than fat.... Elizabeth
sngglnclos
on 4/24/06 5:36 am - sw burbs, MN
Hi Elizabeth i have had the exact same experience! Its usually my hands and feet...I was always turning the heat down pre op now I'm cranking it up and the whole house is complaining! . I get cold at work and go to the bathroom to run my hands under ho****er or out to my truck to turn on the heat..its been in the 70's here! Doesnt make any sense! But I love your line... I'd rather be cold than fat!! AMEN!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views