CRACKER ?

penhail53
on 4/24/06 12:13 am - LsSueur, MN
Could some one please tell me if there is a certain kind of cracker that we can eat or any kind and how many @ a time. Thanks Jan
Darlene X
on 4/24/06 1:10 am - Maricopa, AZ
There is no rule... no one can tell you what to eat.... But here is some advice... When looking for a cracker, look for one made of whole grains (Wheat thins, Reduced fat Triscuits, Wasa crackers, Whole grain Melba toast etc). You want to avoid processed, white flour, high calorie and fat crackers like Ritz etc Make sure to look at the calories and other info to determine what you think would be best. Eat it with protein... some cheese, peanut butter, tuna/chicken salad etc on top.... don't eat crackers on their own.... they will go right through you and you will be hungry again. Fill up mostly on the protein and just have the cracker as some crunch. I eat 3-4 whole grain melba toast snacks with some cheese.... and that is more than plenty... Trisuits swell, so you don't want to eat many of those or you will get uncomfortably full. Serving size depends on the cracker, wheat thins are tiny and thin, so you will probably eat more than triscuits which are bigger, thicker, and swell in your tummy... serving size also depends on what you eat with it. Tuna/Chicken salad is very filling, so you would probably eat less crackers with that than if you were having cheese or PB. Darlene
penhail53
on 4/25/06 5:47 am - LsSueur, MN
Thank you for the great info it really helps!!!!!!!!!! Jan
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/24/06 1:51 am - My Town, NH
My nutritionist suggested I eat Triscuits. They are high in fiber and come in lowfat varieties. I haven't tried it yet, but that was the suggestion. I think if I was going to try crackers I would look for high fiber and whole grain varieties. Happy Monday! - Stephanie
Darlene X
on 4/24/06 1:55 am - Maricopa, AZ
Careful with the triscuits, they swell in your tummy.... Hubby is 7 months out, ate 4 of them and felt pretty sick. I LOVE Triscuits, they are great--- I tried ONE LOL. I didnt want to end up like Hubby... so I figure at this stage one or two would be good. Darlene
Juju B
on 4/24/06 8:47 am - Bowdoin, ME
I eat 2-3 Triscuits with cheese and they fill me up. I don't eat them very often.
Sandra S.
on 4/24/06 9:37 am - Mountain Home, ID
my nutritionist recommended AkMak Crackers; 100% stoneground wholewheat. I love them. They are HUGE and 5 are the serving allowed; only 116 cals and 4.5 grams protein. I use cheese spread or chicken, or tuna salad on them. It's almost like having a sandwich! Sandy
Darlene X
on 4/24/06 11:25 am - Maricopa, AZ
Sandy, I went grocery shopping this evening, and decided to give your AkMak crackers a try! I'll let you know how I like them
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views