STRUGGLING LOSING

ckeady
on 4/23/06 11:29 pm - Brighton, MA
I had my lap RNY on March 20. On the day of surgery i was 244. The first two weeks I lost 16 pounds and have not lost a single pound since!!!!! Following nut diet to a T, 50 grams of protein and at least that of water. What is going on?? Almost 3 weeks and no weight loss??? Any feedback is helpful.
BabyRuth2u
on 4/24/06 1:11 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi Cheryl, I like several others here also seem to be at a halt. I figure in time it will move. But I did notice on your grams of protein, you said 50. Are you maybe not getting in enough protein? I know my nut says 50-60, but our bodies only absorb a portion of that. From what I've read on posts from other post-opers that have done well and from some people I know personally local, you need to supplement your food proteins with protein shakes. It seems to help the weightloss. ie: I have a friend who is going to be 2 years out this June. She has been for awhile now stuck with her weight at around 225 to 230. Well in the past month or so, since she decided to up her protein by doing shakes per advice from this other wls person who is adamant about shakes, she has not gone down to 206. I don't know how long the official honeymoon period is, but I know the later it gets the harder it is to lose. But she started doing the shakes and cutting a little carbs and voila, big drop!! Hope that helps!
Darlene X
on 4/24/06 1:17 am - Maricopa, AZ
Cheryl, Don't stress over this-- although it's hard not to.... It's very normal for this stage out.... We had surgery the same day... I lost for the first 2 weeks, and then was at a complete stand still for just over 2 weeks.... the scale has finally started going down again. A lot of people stall at this stage, your body needs time to adjust to the rapid weightloss. It WILL start moving again--- for now I suggest you get rid of that pesky scale, so your not freaking out over a natural part of weight loss. Darlene
RebekaA
on 4/24/06 2:08 am - Inland Empire, CA
Hi Cherly, It's not just you. The same thing happened to me. I stalled for a little over two weeks, then finally started dropping again. I do agree with pp about upping your protein a bit. You did drop quite a bit the first two weeks and your body needs to adjust. Don't worry, you'll start dropping again. In the meantime, just concentrate on sticking to the plan and getting some exercise and it'll pick up again in no time! Hang in there, I know it's tough. GL Rebeka
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views