*** 04/24, What did ya eat? ***

Darlene X
on 4/24/06 6:32 am - Maricopa, AZ
Well back to work! Ugh don't you just hate Mondays? LOL Im super excited, as of tomorrow Im officially allowed to eat anything, back to regular foods. I did my 2 weeks on full liquids, and my 3 weeks of pureeds/soft foods...... tomorrow anything, no restrictions.... within reason of course, not like Im gonna go eat donuts or something--- but I am allowed salad, raw veggies etc which Im totally excited about.... I don't have to think anymore, am I allowed this? or that? Is that on my eating plan for now? I just get to move on and make healthy choices!!! Breakfast: About 2oz of Quaker low sugar Oatmeal with 2/3 C Skim Milk. Snack: 2 Rye Melba Toast (Ick, decided I dont like Rye) with some pineapple, green onion cream cheese on top. Lunch: Lean Cuisine Portabello Beef & Mashed potatoes. I didn't eat much meat, had maybe 2-3 very small peices w/ a little mushroom and about 1/3 of the mashed potato. I felt way too full on the beef. Snack: 1/2 South Beach Diet protein bar Dinner: Ok, Im gonna do it--- try chicken for the first time. Im scared, so many people have issues with chicken. Ive decided to get a rottisere chicken from the supermarket, they are normally very moist and juicy. We'll see how I do..... Ive done 32oz water so far--- 2 more bottles left for the rest of the day. I think I'll make some chicken salad with the left over chicken, and also a no tortilla enchilada type dish. I have my outfit all worked out for our weight loss surgery "Spring Fling" on Friday!! I am gonna be HOT!!! LOL. I'll make sure to post some pictures of me and Hubby, we will be one smoking couple hahaha.
Mary M.
on 4/24/06 7:51 am - Livonia, MI
Hi Darlene, Today was my first day back to work. What a bummer. I really had a hard time getting any water in so now I am trying to play catch up. Good luck with the real foods. Today I had: S- Protein shake B- Quaker weight control oatmeal s- cheese stick L- FF Black bean soup 1/4 cup. (couldn't eat much lunch) D- Spaghetti squash with Classico spag sauce and 3 sm. meatballs. (Very Good) S- Protein shake to be had later! Have a good day tomorrow. Mary
sngglnclos
on 4/25/06 1:08 am - sw burbs, MN
Hi Mary Can you post your spaghetti squash recipe??? thanks
(deactivated member)
on 4/24/06 8:29 am - AZ
Pre-breakfast: 12 oz of chocolate soy protein drink with 1/2 banana Breakfast: 3 oz Carb and sugar control blueberry yogurt and 1/2 dry English muffin Lunch: turkey & cheese lunchable (with only 3 of the crackers) snack: 4 pieces of sesame melba toast crackers and 1 piece babybel light cheese (made by laughing cow) dinner: 1.5 oz of spinach meatloaf (recipe posted here last week - thanks Darlene) and 2 T of FF cottage cheese to moisten it even more snack: protein bar I'm low on fluids today but will catch up. I have class tonight and I'm always able to sip tons of water in class and on the drive home. PS: I have had chicken several times, including Sam's Club rottisere chicken, and it has gone down (and stayed down) just fine...
Darlene X
on 4/24/06 11:35 am - Maricopa, AZ
I sure hope the chicken stays down fine... my Mother in law at 4 years post-op still has issues. I got the chicken, Im gonna try it soon w/ a little salad. Wish me luck! LOL
RebekaA
on 4/24/06 9:09 am - Inland Empire, CA
B: Protein shake S: Soft boiled egg L: Navy Bean soup (jenny craig) S: 2oz cheese D: ???TBD I need to work on my fluids, i can't seem to get going today!
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/24/06 10:09 am - My Town, NH
Breakfast: One sliced apple and 2 oz of deli roast beef Lunch: Tried to eat leftover sirloin tips with 1/4 cup of sweet potato. The meat did not sit well at all and I only ate 2 bites. I find that I have trouble with beef after it sits in the fridge overnight. It just isn't as moist. I thought for sure I would throw up. I had my head hanging over the wastebasket in my office and everything. Thankfully it passed. Dinner: 1 scrambled egg with 1 slice of canadian bacon topped with shredded cheddar and a little salsa Snack: NSA Fudgsicle Doing well with water today. Will drink one more bottle before bed to reach the 64 ounces. Enjoy the Spring Fling! - Stephanie
sparkles
on 4/24/06 10:37 am - North Richland Hills, TX
B:1 egg, 1 piece of bacon and a small bit of cheddar L: Protien shake D: Egg salad on 5 Melba toast crackers, half a cheese stick with ham wrapped around it S: Protien Shake I'm not doing so well on my water... I dont know how you guys do it! I sip all day.. and only get down about 24 oz or so. (plus protien shakes). I also have a hard time trying to get in all my vitamins.. but I'm on an anti biotic due to an infection around my G-Tube. () And you have to shift your vitamins around due to this. Antibiotic is almost done though... and Gtube only has 13 days left to bug me! BTW: I'm 4 weeks Post op today.. and my 1 month aniversary is on Thursday! YAY!!!
Darlene X
on 4/24/06 11:38 am - Maricopa, AZ
I struggle daily to get my water in. I can normally get to the 64oz... Im not doing protein shakes cause they make me feel sick. You can count the protein shakes towards you water/liquids intake... I drink ALL day non-stop...well except for meals. Yummy Melba toast- did ya like it???
sparkles
on 4/24/06 12:45 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
It was interesting.. I got the garlic flavor .. the first few bites (mixed with my eggsalad) were kinda wierd.. but after that.. YUM. I need to start eating more than a shake for Lunch.. However.. I got my work shift changed from 3-12a to 8a-5p... So.. I get a normal eating schedule now! YAY! I'm really excited about this!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views