Kickboxing

Nancy V.
on 4/24/06 5:39 am - Wilmington, CA
When do you think it is safe for us to do kickboxing? I did it last summer and loved it, I lost weight quick an toned up, I'm anxious to go back now that my diet is in check! I heard someone saying they do Taebo, its pretty similar.....what do you guys think? Thanks! ~Nancy
jennb40
on 4/24/06 7:03 am - Nashua, NH
Nancy, you should definitely ask your doctor...I wouldn't be going back quite yet - you aren't that far out of surgery. I go to Ladies Workout Express (like Curves) and they wanted me to wait 5-6 weeks after surgery. I am going back for the first time since surgery tomorrow - just give your doc a quick call. Barbara
Darlene X
on 4/24/06 7:10 am - Maricopa, AZ
Consult your surgeon. He/she is the only person that can give you an ok to do that. We aren't doctors
timsdanni
on 4/24/06 7:49 am - Ft Stewart, GA
what has your doc released you to do? mine releases you totally at 6 weeks call his office and ask - can't hurt you might get a yes
MsKeara
on 4/24/06 11:53 am - Baldwin, WI
I agree with everyone else. Ask your surgeon and see what s/he says. My surgery was the day before yours and I had no restrictions as of April 10th. I had a lap RNY so recovery time is much shorter. Even having said that, I don't start with my personal trainer until tomorrow. I've just been walking up to this point. Better safe than sorry. MsKeara
timsdanni
on 4/24/06 11:37 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
hey girl I took a kick box class this am and it was AWSOME!!!!! go and try it unless your doc says no and be prepared to sweat adn feel great afterwards - ok a little sore too LOL did step interval training at curves last night - step arobics with the machines in between it was fun but not near as hard as the kickboxing Danni aka the exersize queen 372/323/170 look almost to 50 pounds down!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views