Stall? Freaking out......

thin2be
on 4/22/06 9:25 pm - Houston, TX
Okay, I have been the same weight for 11 days straight. I know my water intake is low, and I have been skipping breakfast. I have changed that, and I am trying to watch my food intake, but I am starting to freak out. Anyone else having a stall? I was down 4.5 pounds a wee****il this past 11 days, but my surgeon says I should lose 5-6 pounds a week. I have hit the wall, and I am feeling stressed. Glad to see all the other success stories--you guys are awesome! Phyllis
ooh-lala
on 4/23/06 12:11 am - Great Bend, KS
Good morning Phyllis! Take a deep breath and repeat after me: stalls are normal. Our bodies need a break from the rapid weight loss every now and then. One thing I have learned from reading the boards for almost a year is that everyone loses at different rates. I know your doctor said you should lose 5-6 lbs per week, but your body might not be in agreement with him. Just relax and keep following your doctors orders. Eating a high protein breakfast and drinking your required amount of fluids will definitely help. Are you getting in the protein your dr. requires? Have you tried measuring to see if you have lost inches during this stall? I do not know if I have stalled or not because I do not own a scale. I have only weighed once since surgery and that weigh in was over 3 weeks ago. I have an obsessive compulsive personality and knew that if I had a scale I would weigh every day and would freak out if I didn't lose weight from day to day, week to week. Last week there was a discussion on this board about stalls and a lot of people responded they were either in one or had recently had one, so you are definitely not alone. Congratulations on your success so far! Laura
RebekaA
on 4/23/06 5:01 am - Inland Empire, CA
Laura has some really good points. I just wanted to add that I stalled for FOURTEEN days straight as well. It was horrible, i was freaking out too. But like all stalls, it broke and I lost like 5#'s the next week. Once I knew I was losing again--I put away the scale and now only weigh once a week or so. I'll tell you I am so much happier too, it took the stress off and i can stop fixating. You'll be ok, just remember do everything right and you'll start losing again. this will work! GL
Melissa P.
on 4/23/06 6:08 am - Aurora, IL
I had my surgery on 3/22/06, and have stalled for a week. I went to my surgeon on Thursday, and he said that it is ok. He siad that is ususally when you loose pounds. I was very upset. I have lost 26 pounds, but feel like I should have lost more so far.
Pat T.
on 4/23/06 11:22 am - Rome, NY
My surgery was on the 9th. I have not lost anything in around 10 days. I know that I will, but I was only getting 250 - 350 calories a day and 20 gms of protein. So, I have decided to try protein drinks, and tried to up my calories to around 450 - 500 the past couple of days. It is pretty hard though. I really can't eat much. Don't freak out. You will start losing again.
goldloxx
on 4/23/06 11:56 am - Glendale, CA
I had surgery on 3/24 and have not lost anything since 4/7 - it's horrible. But, I appreciate hearing from others that they have had the same experience - that it is normal and that eventually, I'll lose again.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 748 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views