question about cereal???

jennb40
on 4/22/06 9:07 pm - Nashua, NH
I noticed in one of the "what did you eat" posts where one of you have had cereal for breakfast. How many of you are eating cereal? I know they pound into your head not to drink with your meals and to wait various amounts of time after eating to drink. How does the milk in the ceral figure into this? I am not a big oatmeal or yogurt lover and the eggs sometimes seem ok and sometimes seem heavy...so would love another option for breakfast and cereal sounds good. Any ideas/thoughts about cereal? Barbara
timsdanni
on 4/22/06 11:25 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
I like cream of wheat made with milk - it has few cals and more protien than refried beans for what that is worth a lot of people that are a while out eat kasha or other high protien cold cerals - the nut said it was ok as long as you look at total portion size ie mesure ceral and milk but put them together in a bowl with mesument markings (pamper cheif prep bowl is what I use) to make sure it does nto exced your pouch size/meal size goals danni
Darlene X
on 4/23/06 12:19 am - Maricopa, AZ
I have had a little cereal, just like a sprinkling of Special K, cause that was on my pureed/soft food list. I normally just sprinkle a little for crunch on yogurt so I get some protein that way too. If I have a bowl of cereal, I soak it, and eat really only the cereal, not a lot of the milk. Ive only done that once though. I don't pick cereal much cause it's not very high in protein. Special K makes a high protein cereal though. If you choose to have cereal it's best to go with a whole grain one like Uncle Sams, Kashi products etc, make sure you check the sugar content cause not all Kashi products are that healthy. Kashi Go Lean is a great cereal. Maybe try a little with yougurt instead of milk...
Mary M.
on 4/23/06 4:36 am - Livonia, MI
My nut said I could have cereal but make sure that we plan for the carbs and only low sugar. I went to whole foods (a health food store) and bought Rice Krispies that are made from brown rice. They are low carbs and have berries in them. They are pretty good and I can eat 1/2 C. Not the full serving. I don't like Oatmeal or Eggs everyday. I need to mix it up so I just have it occasionally. Have a good day. Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 748 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views