what kind of work outs/exersize are you doing now?

timsdanni
on 4/22/06 6:50 am - Ft Stewart, GA
I do the elipitcal 30 mins in the am, some step arobics my curves offer and started yoga on sats today. also plan to start the ab work out my curves has t/th this week. trying to walk at least 4 days a week the 3 mile loop by my house, trying hard to get upper body wieghts in 3 days a week averaging 90-120 mins a day of work out time where are others at? am I being over compulsive here? the nut told me yesterday that if I will keep it up I might get away with NOT needing plastic surgery so I am even more determind now to work out hard 6 days a week Danni 372/324/170
RebekaA
on 4/22/06 6:59 am - Inland Empire, CA
Well I'm doing NO where near as good as you =) but I'm averaging 30-40 minutes on the elliptical and another 20-30 either treadmill or bike a few times a week at the gym. I'm trying to get it up to at least 4x a week. You're doing great! Keep it up.
BabyRuth2u
on 4/22/06 10:48 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I was ok'd to start at the gym just this past week. Prior I was walking alot. But since Wednesday I've gone to the gym everyday and have been doing 20 minutes on the treadmill, then my ladies fitness express 20 to 30 mins (its like the curves machines) and then go back and do 20 or 30 mins of treadmill again.. I also when in the fitness express area do some arm work with 3lb weights. I would love to not have to need any plastics, wouldnt that be wonderful? B ut not sure how realistic. But I don't plan on, know we cant really afford any so probably wont be having any, sooooo going to exercise as much as I can, weight lift, tone etc to hopefully look the best i can. 345 start in Feb/ 321 at surgery day / 285 now / 175 or less goal?
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/22/06 5:43 pm - My Town, NH
Wow Danni, that's impressive! I can't do nearly as much as you do. I'm finding it difficult to exercise during the week. I get up at 5:00 a.m. everyday and don't get home from wor****il 6:00 p.m. Then it's time to fix dinner, eat, clean up and get ready for the next workday. By 9:00 p.m. I'm wiped out and ready for bed. I keep hoping that my energy level will return to normal and I can stay awake longer. I do take a walk at lunchtime and do well on the weekends with walking. I will join a gym once I return from my May business trip and vacation. Until then, I'll just continue with the walking. Congratulations on such success with your exercising! - Stephanie
Beckers
on 4/23/06 2:53 am - Cottage Grove, OR
I *try* to go to Jazzercise 3 times a week (I hour dance aerobics). Last week I only went once I'm really crashing in the evenings after teaching middle school all day, and getting so little calories... On the weekends my husband and I walk the dogs each morning, about a mile and a half. I heard the same thing: if you exercise throughout the weight loss, most don't need the plastic surgery later... Rebecca M. 269/230/150
Nancy V.
on 4/24/06 4:23 am - Wilmington, CA
Wow Rebecca we had surgery the same day and started out pretty darn close, i was at 267, but I am no where near losing as fast as you are!!! Congrats on such a big loss! ~Nancy
rowEn
on 4/24/06 11:02 am - Huntsville, AL
We're working 12.5 hour days, but I got the OK from my boss to leave a few minutes early (since I'm always there about 20 minutes early!) so that I can go to Curves 5 times a week. Can't squeeze in Saturday since they close at noon. We missed last Friday since there was a pretty bad storm here and we were super busy at the office. So far I'm really liking Curves a lot. 30 seconds is perfect for me to not have enough time to realize that I hate a specific exercise Looks like I've lost +/- 40 pounds since surgery. Obviously I wish that number was higher, but I'll take what I can get. Some days of eating are better than others, but not having a kitchen is hard! I finally broke down and bought a cheapo microwave at wally world, which is opening up a lot of options Half a can of chili with no beans is a great breakfast...and has the bonus of grossing out everyone I am working with
Beckers
on 4/24/06 11:53 am - Cottage Grove, OR
Nancy- I actually weighed 269 in the beginning of March when my surgeon started me on the "no starch" diet for surgery... The week before surgery I weighed 254, and the day of surgery I was not weighed, so I have no clue how much I was at surgery time... I'm guessing 252? I assumed they would weigh me at the hospital before the surgery, but they didn't... So I've really only lost around 22 lbs. since 3/29/06. Rebecca M. 269 before surgery/230 now/150 goal
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 748 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views